Mojave sub ATSF #991 East session help

JerseySeven

Objective 1 "Proceed to Mohave" completed.
Objective 2 "Free the bankers" - has to do with stopping so the helper loco's can be released. Am I supposed to manually decouple them? And which ones... the two at the end right before the caboose or all of the engines behind the one I'm driving. I've tried both and the activity doesn't complete.

Puzzled...

Me thinks: stop with the caboose before the junction. Un-couple the caboose. Restart the session as the caboose takes off down the hill. Take a lesson, to heart, to save frequently.

Stop with the caboose before the junction, set the brakes. Watch everything go sliding back down the hill.

Activate the sanders as the rear (pusher) locomotives approach the siding stop. I think they are needed later.

(Chorus) Sanders, roll to a stop. Set brakes. Wait a few minutes. If nothing starts moving on its own (yeaaa) uncouple the caboose. Everything still stopped? Cool! Hit the throttle (about 3 or 5), release the brakes and pull away. Is the caboose stationary, is the train going forward? Sweeet. Move the train past the switch, but not very far. If you go too far, it will end the game.

Switch the switch. Wonder where the caboose went. Curse! Game ends, something about speeding. Found the caboose.

Chorus... Caboose stayed. Start backing the helper engines down the siding. Stop close to end block. Disconnect. Note "X"s on the two helper engines. Swear!

Chorus... go past the junction, with the intention of using the pusher engine parking the caboose on the main line and than moving the helper enginesin to the siding. No go. It either takes off, or end games.

End game. Decide to go for a beer, realize that I don't drink and my car is in the shop.

Magnum PI is on....

For a straight answer, I believe, you need to drop the caboose on the main line, drop the helper engines in to the siding, get the caboose, and continue the trip.

I did all the above on Trainz19. I don't like that when I restart Trainz A New ERA, that it will only restart in DCC Mode.

I hope that helps.

-JJ

Well, that did not work. I stopped at the junction. Start to proceed to drop off my caboose, but got a popup window saying the session failed.

Where do I find the "Session Instructions?" And more importantly, at which junction do I stop to drop off my helper locomotives?

-JJ

Finally figured this one out. The last signal is misplaced and won't let you reach the stop point to end the scenario. If you put your camera into free mode and move ahead past the signal there is a junction that can be toggled manually. Once you do that, the stop signal turns to caution, and you can proceed to the scenario stop point and end successfully. Turns you you don't have to uncouple anything - just reach the stopping point.

I read this twice and am still confused. The session is consistently failing after 45 miles for not obeying or following the rules. I'm not running and signals or speeding, I'm supposed to first simply drive to Mohave but I can't get there. Fails at 45 miles every time. What PITA :).

LouP

Back