P&B ground cover issues.

YANRAYEESEDAY

I downloaded the P&B on Friday, along with the content pack, scenery, buildings, and everything from the DLS. I'm showing no errors, and nothing faulty, but unfortunately when I start the Sim, I have lots of areas with no ground cover, meaning lots of mostly small areas with the green, white, and pink checker board pattern showing thru. Has anyone else experienced this, and would anyone know why this is happening, and/or how to correct it? Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

This is usually the sign that something is open for edit.

Go into Content Manager and check for assets that are open for edit.

If there are any, highlight them. Right-click and choose Revert to Original.

I checked prior to sending the initial mssg, and after I downloaded all the files that everything opened for edit was either reverted, or submitted, so that's not the issue. Thank you though.

I deleted the entire P&B today. I went back to the JR site, and downloaded everything again. Repeated the process from Sat, and have the same result. Literally 1000's of tiny bright checker board areas, to the point the route is not usable to me. No errors, nothing faulty, all dependencies are present, and nothing is open for edit. Anyone? I've bought or downloaded every route option that JR has provided, and up to this point no issues. The last two being the ER and M&WP work great? I truly have no idea, and would be grateful for any advice. Thanks all......Ryan

Have you tried an extended database repair. This is definitely not a widespread issue or we would have taken care of a problem like this. You are 100% sure you are NOT missing dependencies either for the route?

I'm certain. I went into installed and went to the P&B. Once there, I checked all dependencies and errors; no issues. Then I checked Faulty, and the P&B didn't show up at all, and lastly checked open for edit, and nothing showed up there as well. I have no idea fellas. I do know when I load a session, and zoom out, there's 1/3 or more of what's visible that's extremely bright, and once I zoom back in to track side, and rotate 360°, there's100's or more of tiny area's, although some larger, but mostly small areas through out the terrain that's a bright white, pink, & green checker board pattern. I'll try any suggestions you have? Thanks for trying to help me remedy the situation. I appreciate it........Ryan

I tried the data base repair earlier today, under Content Manager, Developer, however I don't see the option, like TS12 had, for the extended data base repair. Where is that particular option located?

No, make no mistake, there is a way to do an extended data base repair. I tried it, and now the P& B are the least of my worries. Now almost every route, including all the JR routes, and several built in routes, along with literally 1000's of misc dependencies are now faulty. When I list errors, they all show "0." WTF????... I should have left well enough alone.

No, make no mistake, there is a way to do an extended data base repair. I tried it, and now the P& B are the least of my worries. Now almost every route, including all the JR routes, and several built in routes, along with literally 1000's of misc dependencies are now faulty. When I list errors, they all show "0." WTF????... I should have left well enough alone.

Yes there is:

In T:ANE and up:

At the Launcher, click on Developer.
Press CTRL and click on Repair Database.

The process can take a very long time depending upon how much content you have so it's best to let the process run without using the computer for other things to allow the maximum of CPU and RAM without losing resources to other tasks running concurrently.

Once completed whenever that may be, open Content Manager.
Click on the filter and change to Faulty.

Yes there will be faulty assets so don't panic.

Highlight the faulty assets, right-click and choose view errors and warnings.

The cursor will spin around, and the errors should disappear. If you have any faulty assets left, you need to replace or repair those assets.

Thanks for the help, but panic is exactly what I did. lol. What I tried last night was the extended database repair in TANE, just the way you have listed, and that's what left me with the 100's of faulty assets, for whatever reason, is beyond my comprehension. It did take a while, around 2.50 hrs for the repair to run. Afterwards I was stunned when I saw just how many errors were there, on payware, and built-in assets as well. I initially tried the 'view errors and warnings,' which had worked for me on TS12, and a few of them did go away, but the majority of them stayed. I eventually tried 'revert to original,' several item at a time, and that took care of the majority, eventually. I stayed up a bit longer editing a few of the individual items left as faulty, mostly replacing 'obsolete' coronas, that worked 3 hrs earlier, prior to the database repair, but now were faulty for whatever reason. Fortunately, only a few remain to be dealt with after work this evening, then I can see if the P&B that I want to operate so badly, that was the catalyst for this whole unfortunate adventure, is now working correctly. In summation, an Extended Database Repair, NOT RECOMMENDED, at least for someone with my limited ability. Does anyone know why the extended repair generates so many faulty dependencies, that up to the point of running the extended repair, work just fine in the Sim? Thanks again for the advice..........................Ryan

Last edited:
Thanks for recommending the 'Extended Data Base Repair.' It was a pain last night with the 100's of faulty dependencies after the repair ran, but I've corrected all that now, and more important is that the P&B is running as designed. I'm still leery of the 'Extended Repair,' however it worked. Much obliged. Thanks........RD

Back