DD40X, Big Boy and ?

I imagine that one could edit the config file of any loco, and swap in a more powerful enginecpec, and making a dinky loco super powerful, able to haul 300 loaded cars up a 45% grade, with no slippage

What is the most powerful enginespec loco ?

Last edited:
There was a dinky loco that had a ridiculous enginspec that could haul huge consists, and never slip or slide

I don't know what config file tags make a loco act as if it has Lionel MagnaTraction®

Last edited:
UP's DD35 is good and there is one on the DLS if your interested in that. It looks like a much longer GP38 or SD40 for reference. Its the predecessor to the DD40X. Another is UP's Challenger and an amazing one can be found on Trainz Forge and its FREE! Here is the link to the site: Trainz Forge

Last edited:
Well, MTH spelled it out for ya. N8PHU made a nice DDA40x on the DLS which is of higher detail then the regular one, if that catches your interest. There's a weathered Union Pacific Big Boy lying around some where. On the DLS there is the PRR S1 which is rather old and low detail. N3V released the PRR T1 as an official DLC. Theres also the C&O Allegheny H8 which can be purchased from N3V (higher detail), or downloaded for free on Ben Neal's website. Also on Ben's site is a USRA 2-8-8-2 Mallet that I personally enjoy a lot. On Colorado71's site there is a USRA 2-6-6-2 that is pretty cool. All big engines, which I presume is what you are in search of.

Last edited:
Well, MTH spelled it out for ya. N8PHU made a nice DDA40x on the DLS which is of higher detail then the regular one, if that catches your interest. There's a weathered Union Pacific Big Boy lying around some where. On the DLS there is the PRR S1 which is rather old and low detail. N3V released the PRR T1 as an official DLC. Theres also the C&O Allegheny H8 which can be purchased from N3V (higher detail), or downloaded for free on Ben Neal's website. Also on Ben's site is a USRA 2-8-8-2 Mallet that I personally enjoy a lot. On Colorado71's site there is a USRA 2-6-6-2 that is pretty cool. All big engines, which I presume is what you are in search of.

Of which I have all of the freeware ones you mentioned...

Thanks for the Recomend with UP Challengers........

UP's DD35 is good and there is one on the DLS if your interested in that. It looks like a much longer GP38 or SD40 for reference. Its the predecessor to the DD40X. Another is UP's Challenger and an amazing one can be found on Trainz Forge and its FREE! Here is the link to the site: Trainz Forge

:wave: Thank you for the excellent info DD35 Models, I had one, and couldn't quit figure out what this Baby was at first, now I understand much better now and how to use it in MU setup. I downloaded all the others off the DSL, so that'll give me variety and lots of power to use where I need it in my Mountain Runs on Maria's Pass and other similar routes I use.

:cool: And the bonus, I went to Trainz Forge and got the UP Challenger as you recommended. I might have has one in inventory, but not this one:udrool: ...........Great night for me, and more toys, eh, locomotives to play with...........Fun Fun..........

:cool: And the bonus, I went to Trainz Forge and got the UP Challenger as you recommended. I might have has one in inventory, but not this one:udrool: ...........Great night for me, and more toys, eh, locomotives to play with...........Fun Fun..........[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%....Fun...fun....set up heavy loads up gradients on routes like the Mojave and have fun... :cool:

Brilliant! Glad I could help. "Jointed Rail" is another great website too for content. There is freeware on there but you will have to make an account first to download anything. There is also payware on there if you are interested in the future. Link: http://jointedrail.com

Back