Drive to Trackmark List

paul_r

Hi all

I am developing a fully automated but random scenario involving a lot of different possible trains and pathings and I've hit a problem.

I expected that the option to "Drive to 1st available trackmark" would route a train to the first trackmark in the group list that it encountered on its route. In fact it just routes the train to the first trackmark listed regardless of where the train is.

I have tried various things including using exactly the same name for all trackmarks in a group but to no avail.

Has anyone found a way round this?

Bob

Hi Bob.

Drive to 1st available trackmark was not designed for the purpose you try to use it. It was designed, before the existence of Enhanced Interlocking Towers, to be able to route a train to the first trackmark not occupied in a group of trackmarks. By having several trackmarks on each platform track in a station in the same group, you were able without any interlocking tower to request that the command will drive your train to the first not occupied platform in a station.
You have the option in the command to drive to the first or to a random available trackmark in a group.

So I don't think you can find a way to use these commands for your initial purpose.

For your initial purpose, may I sugest you look to AutodriveUntilMCPathStop that will autodrive your train until it reaches a MCPathStop with the target logical name you give in the driver command. And you can have several MCPathStops, with the same logical stop name. It is an autodrive command, which means that if you need to switch a path to go to your target destination, you will need to use EITs and Mission Code Manager to route your train in the right direction.

Regards.
Pierre.

I try to eliminate almost all of my trackmarkers, as a lengthily list is confusing

I have named my cities trackmarkers down the line, westward alphabetically

Harrisburg/Enola is in the "A" named grouping
Lewistown in in the "B" named grouping
Mount Union is in the "C" named grouping
Huntingdon is in the "D" named grouping
Tyrone is in the "E" named grouping
Altoona is in the "F" named grouping
Cresson is in the "G" named grouping
Johnstown is in the "H" named grouping
CP Conpit is in the "I" named grouping

ie: Drive Via: "A Enola westbound Track 4", to Drive Via: "I CP Conpit Track 4"

Thanks for that .... looks like I need to re-think.

Have never used autodrive commands so will have a tinker with them.

Bob

Back