New Beta Build 96720 available today

PC_Ace

Hauling Heavy Pixels
Back up your previous beta build and go explore this latest 22 Mb patch.
Check out the welcome changes to the Track Profile HUD area!
Further evidence that the game developers at N3V are listening to their Early Access customers! :)

There are quite a few subtle changes elsewhere too - going to be interested to read the full ChangeList when that becomes available.

Well done Guys, If this is what we can expect with each update I can not wait for the finnished version.
What a fantastic differance.
The game clock is still not working though.

Good on you all, well done

Last edited:
The problem with attached track on industries, ect still hasn't been fixed in latest beta build.

The asset preview in Surveyor isn't fixed yet either. The assets have extra track and things in the preview.

When I uncheck the animated portraits, it reverts to the actual driver. So who are the animations? Not the greatest fan of the animated portraits but if they were at least the actual driver.

Leaving Driver (after a five minute drive and without saving) to return to Surveyor still takes a loooooong time.

and when it finally returned to Surveyor, ugh, what happened. Then tried to close surveyor. Again a loooong wait. Well after two hours, I used task manager to end it
TRS2019_96720 return to surveyor.JPG

That is supposed to be Content Samples #1

Last edited:
My hedges are now unusable, embankment and cutting splines and roads are still shiny depending on direction. Not seeing much backwards compatibility to be honest.

Think the problem might be this auto applying pbr to legacy assets which is overriding specular settings etc which appear to now have zero effect.

TANE

k7bdIt.jpg

TRS19

My hedges are now unusable, embankment and cutting splines and roads are still shiny depending on direction. Not seeing much backwards compatibility to be honest.

Think the problem might be this auto applying pbr to legacy assets which is overriding specular settings etc which appear to now have zero effect.

TANE

(Picture deleted

TRS19

(Picture deleted

This seems to be the same problem as with the coal loading in tenders and coal-cars.

Regards

Swordfish

How to update

Hi all

maybe I miss something somewhere, but I can not find a way to updat my 96000 TRS19 to the new build 96720

maybe somebody here can point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance

greetings, Melanie

The same built-in boulders(boulder granite 01m to 10m) from TANE still look to be permanently wet in TRS19

TANE 94916
TANE 94916 rocks.JPG

TRS19 96720
TRS2019_96720 wet rocks.JPG

Probably the same cause as my embankments, many assets seems to be shiny apart from things that should be!

There's an issue too with alpha-channels on the billboard trees. We now have window screens again. I've bug reported this along with some other things that have cropped up from the previous build.

In 96000 the Polish and East European signals v5.3 system script library worked WITH NO WARNING or ERRORS (I mean woirking, not only showing in CM error free) while in 96191 and 96720 it shows hundrets of script errors. Somebody at N3V can have a look at this serious problem? It prevents me from playing TRS19 (and this problem also started to be in TANE 96202 (in earlier versions the library worked!). You shoot in your ancle not repairing this obvious bug... All of the good Polish maps (and I believe CZ, SK and probably DE) will not work. No signaling means nobody will play new Trainz releases in Eastern Europe!

samplaire - what have you got your compatibility setting like in Trainz Settings > Dev? It may need to be set to maximise compatibility until the assets are updated to use the new system.

Shane

I have had several lockups usually when trying to save. Saves and loads are noticeably longer but the lockups are actual. Task Manager rescues.
There are some AI things that are not easily explained. A train will approach a switch and just sit there for awhile. Then proceed. I had a train come to a crossroad, go right to its edge and permanently stop. Does not duplicate. Had to use Task Manager again. Even when a train completes its task it stosp and proceeds at some switches. Tried diesel and steam. Not always so it may be related to the "brand" of switch.

samplaire - what have you got your compatibility setting like in Trainz Settings > Dev? It may need to be set to maximise compatibility until the assets are updated to use the new system.

Shane
I have set 'maximise compatibility'
I think nobody will update the signaling system which consists of 1000 assets total... I know, this is about scripts to be updated. But there are at least 10-20 scripts in the library. They are coded so I can't check what's wrong... If I were the developer of the signaling system I would feel pi..... ehm, not comfortable... Are you sure this is a faulty asset and not the bug in the game? If it worked ok why should it be updated? As I said, all works like a charm in TRS19 96000...

96000:

I've changed to "show errors on legacy calls" and it still works... The same in "maximise performance"... No errors, no warnings..

It may be a change in the validation side of the game rather than a bug but will still be interesting to find out (might be worth putting in a bug report so N3V can have a proper look).

There is one other thing though - I can't remember off-hand whether 96000 had release assertions turned on or not in the code.

Shane

shaneturner12 -
I can't remember off-hand whether 96000 had release assertions turned on or not in the code.
This was/is a Public release, so there were/are no assertions for 96000. Earlier Closed Beta TRS2019 builds all sported assertions...

Back