Software for assets building for TRS19

KenSimmons

Hi there, I have Blender, Paint Shop Pro 2018-19 and Autodesk FBX Converter 2013.3. I think these should be OK for making building's in TRS19. I also might experiment with TurboCad 2018 Platinum that I have. Since I have X-Plane 11 and Construction Simulator 2015, I am trying to streamline my software (3D modeling software to one item.) New to Trainz.

Some animations do not work from Blender in TRS19 they do work in Autodesk FBX Converter 2013.3, mostly 6 wheel bogeys and side rods.

Thanks. I am going to experiment with a single design and see about exporting it to X-Plane 11, TRS19 and Construction Simulator 2015. Of course each as it's own export file. TRS19 and CS 2015 use .FBX.

Not too bright. Control color saturation. Otherwise that detailed asset will look out of place.

Hi there, I have Blender, Paint Shop Pro 2018-19 and Autodesk FBX Converter 2013.3. I think these should be OK for making building's in TRS19. I also might experiment with TurboCad 2018 Platinum that I have. Since I have X-Plane 11 and Construction Simulator 2015, I am trying to streamline my software (3D modeling software to one item.) New to Trainz.

Welcome to the content creation community. Be sure to read the TrainzWiKi and the CC forum for ideas and advice. You might also have a look at the Trainz Discord content creation channels. You might get a faster response to questions there. Sorry, I don't have the link but a search of the Trainz forums should provide that.

Those tools will be fine for the older materials but PSP doesn't support the Trainz PBR parameters image format. You might want to leave PBR for another day. AssetX is handy for managing asset development. You can get that via Shane Turners website.

Which graphics editor does?

Thanks John
Well, Substance Painter is at the top of my list but it isn't cheap. Once you try it you will want to use it.

But, at the cheaper end, you can use GIMP to assemble the four 8 bit channels. I wrote a tutorial for that and it's in the TrainzWiKi.

The problem is trying to view the PBR effects on your model. Substance Painter is very good at that.

What are the current costs associated with Substance Painter, Paul? Is it a subscription model, or a one-off purchase?
In terms of Trainz content creation, would it be primarily used for PBR texture creation or would it have wider application to asset building?

I should add that I have been working on an entry (cheap) solution for this, on and off, for a while. i.e. I intend to use Substance but I recognise that many cannot afford that tool. I'm sure there is a solution and maybe Blender 2.80 will help.

Suggestions or help is invited. I'll write the tutorial(s). :)

What are the current costs associated with Substance Painter, Paul? Is it a subscription model, or a one-off purchase?
In terms of Trainz content creation, would it be primarily used for PBR texture creation or would it have wider application to asset building?

Subscription, although I read somewhere that that you can buy a non subscription licence after one year. Updates appear regularly. Allegorithmic, the parent company, have lots of very good tutorials.

Can't remember the cost and I'm away from home so I can't look it up. Check the Allegorithmic website. You can use it for a month for free.

It can be used for both PBR and non PBR Trainz materials.

There is an addon for Photoshop called Quixel that does something similar but you need a Photoshop licence.

There are a few content creators using Substance Painter. Substance also has a couple of other utilities that may be useful for Trainz.

Thanks pcas1986 - I'll check it out via their website - Couldn't recall who the developers were.
Cheers!

Think I've said this before but pixaflux can do PBR and is free, not tried it yet as having issues with Max and FBX convertor...... needed as the max fbx is well out of date.

Think I've said this before but pixaflux can do PBR and is free, not tried it yet as having issues with Max and FBX convertor...... needed as the max fbx is well out of date.

is that the same as LuxcoreRender? I haven't tried either.

Sorry, forgot about the decompose/compose option in PSP. As I recall it works but the visual results look weird. The same combination also looks weird in GIMP.

is that the same as LuxcoreRender? I haven't tried either.

Looks a bit more comprehensible than Luxcore

Hmm I got LuxRender back in February, another one I haven't done anything with seems it's been updated recently with a name change.

I've been collecting programs that might be of use!

I went ahead and downloaded and installed Pixaflux. Will try this first.

I'd appreciate some feedback on it's usefulness, or any relevant program, so I can update/add TrainzWiKi pages as appropriate.

As I said earlier, I'm trying to establish what low cost, or free, programs can be used for Trainz PBR Materials.

I downloaded Pixaflux and tried to create parameters image file but the image size is 2056 X 2175 with masked alpha, not 2048 X 2048.

Back