Where is the Rocky Mountaineer?

bobharbison

OK, I'm probably doing something stupid, but I can't find the Rocky Mountaineer route? Looked in routes, looked in sessions? What am I missing?

Well, sure would have been nice to be warned about that. The entire game features photos of that route, so I kind of expected at least that one to be included.

We were told weeks ago that the new routes were not in early access but would be added before the actual proper release.

I purchased it based on what I saw here:

https://store.trainzportal.com/products/trainz-railroad-simulator-2019

[h=4]The following routes will be released during the Early Access period:

CANADIAN ROCKIES - GOLDEN, BC[/h]Majestic prototypical Rocky Mountains route by RoysTrainz. This enormous 2000 km sq prototypical Rocky Mountains route has been extensively reworked to take full advantage of the new TRS19 features. Includes 4 brand new interactive sessions plus stunning new high resolution trains and passenger cars.

Now, granted, it doesn't say -when-, but it appeared to me (apparently mistakenly) that I could access that route.

"The following routes will be released during the Early Access period:"

Key wordbeing during which to me means anytime between Early access release and end of Early Access, not you get them at the get go. According to the Newsletter one of them is due to be released imminently, the Italian one.

If you haven't got the newsletters then the online version is here TRS19 stuff down the page a bit https://mailchi.mp/n3vgames/trainz-...g-learn-about-the-copy-pate-tool?e=1ac89f446f

"The following routes will be released during the Early Access period:"

Key wordbeing during which to me means anytime between Early access release and end of Early Access, not you get them at the get go.

Not used to reading product descriptions with an eye for what's not included, even though it's shown in the promo. I'll have my lawyer closely review it next time.

Ah someone just referenced my earlier question on the same topic, though I am prepared to be patient and wait without invoking legal recourse.

And in point of fact, the rolling stock items - various passenger cars and the GP45 (?) diesel loco are already bundled with the 96000 Early Access version. You just need to find nice mountain route to run them on while waiting for N3V and their associate(s) to step up to the plate.

I am prepared to be patient and wait without invoking legal recourse.

LOL, I have no plans of suing, I just meant that I needed a lawyer to decipher the fine print and say "Well, it says you'll get the routes but it doesn't say when... Could be tomorrow, could be 1 day before the public release..." Yes, it was apparently mentioned here but I'm too busy to keep up on all the discussions here.

Not a huge deal, as I did the purchase option, and would have done so at some point anyway. Just frustrated that when I saw all the pretty pictures, I thought it came with the content. I, mistakenly, assumed it was pretty much the final product, but maybe with a few bugs left to work out before going full public.

The frustration is shared a bit here Bob, we have all taken a leap of faith and for all I am enjoying what '19 has to offer it would be nice to see some kind of timeline as to when the other 80% of the product will follow... :) The latest newsletter indicates the Italian route and first update is coming "soon" so that will add another round of drinks to the party.

Back