Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania & Berwind Content Pack

boc61

I just ordered this, it looks fantastic.

"My wife says that if I buy one more train, she is going to leave me. I'm going to miss her."

Just curious, because it's a woman... still there I think?

ASUS Z170-A, Intel I7 6700, 16GB, W7 Ultimate
    GTX970 4GB
    Z960-5.1, G19, G13, G930, Corsair Scimitar PRO, RailDriver
    TANE Dlx SP3

Blog Entries

I took awhile to gather all the dependencies but all are there.
    Last edited by boc61; September 22nd, 2018 at 02:36 PM.
    "My wife says that if I buy one more train, she is going to leave me. I'm going to miss her."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richarde57 View Post
    boc61

I just ordered this, it looks fantastic.

Just curious, because it's a woman... still there I think?

Yeah. We've come to an arrangement, Everytime I buy something for Trainz, she gets a bottle of wine.

Blog Entries

I ran through the Free Play...it is a outstanding. The route alone is great, but the content pack really makes it a winner. Great Job!

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

I'm with boc61 on this. Just had some fun with the Free Play session as well. Coupled up with the 48 car empty hopper consist with just a GP9 and an RS27 for power. AI driver did all the driving to the Babcock Mine. Had to shoehorn all those cars onto the sidings - you should have seen the look on the evening shift manager's face. Looks like some OT for the mine workers tonight, heh heh.

Then I took a loaded 9-car consist from the mine to the coal unloader on the other side of Allegheny so the mine guys wouldn't be too sore at me - and it freed up one of their tracks.

I ran into one red signal in the Allegheny yard that refused to release, and the red signal before the coal unloader did the same. I had to use the "Hand of God" to move the train past the red signals.

This is one very good-looking route. I also followed the construction of this route on Youtube and was looking forward to its release. Accolades to Approach Medium for an excellent job. I am really going to enjoy this one. The look of rural Pennsylvania is pretty much spot on. I grew up in that area and this really took me back.

This is the second route from JR that I've picked up that had a BW9 engine in it. The Eagle River route BW9 interior did not have interactive control of the levers, so I had to drive it with the sliders. I thought it might be a missing dependency of some sort, but now I have a BW9 in this route and the same non-interactive deal with the interior. I'm going to guess that this type engine simply doesn't have any interaction for cab mode. If anyone knows different, please let me know.

This route has some of the best-looking water effects that I've seen. Thanks for such a really great route. This is super.

Heinrich505

On the way to Allegheny. Just had to take a shot of the lake.

One of the neatest parts of the route - cruising through a run-down section of town to get to the coal unloading track. I absolutely loved the way this area was depicted.

I hope someone at JR is willing to make a decent cab for this lovely BW9.

ASUS Z170-A, Intel I7 6700, 16GB, W7 Ultimate
    GTX970 4GB
    Z960-5.1, G19, G13, G930, Corsair Scimitar PRO, RailDriver
    TANE Dlx SP3

Very nice awesome job Approach Medium. IThe only thing is I thought maybe the U25C would have been in the pack. Think you guys could do one in P&B colors?

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Screenshots are looking really good :-) I'm so happy everyone is enjoying the route so far.

I'm surprised that it actually doesn't look too bad in TRS19. I haven't properly tested it in 19 yet myself but I might have to take another look.

I'm not sure what to tell you about the BW-9 but I'll bring it up to the other JR guys.

As for the stubborn red signals. I've found if you're running a train in reverse the signals won't change properly. If that's the case, try using the "change locomotive direction" tool and see if that helps any.

I'll also mention a U25C skin. Those were ready after I did the other skins so I couldn't include one this round. As the route expands there will be other content packs though. Would love to add a few more 4 axle diesels as well as a variety of rolling stock in the future.

I'm pretty new to session building, so if anyone has feedback regarding how they're structured it would be tremendously helpful for me going forward ;-) The Mill Creek session probably has the most hand-holding while I took a more hands-off, free-form approach to the Vonny and Old Town switching sessions. Not sure which is more helpful for everyone. They're really there just to help users familiarize themselves with the route and operations.

Also, make sure to check out the time table and P&B Tour PDF's for more background on the operations, http://jointedrail.com/pb-time-table/

-Joe

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Joe,

The signal issue is actually due to how the JR signals work now due to Justin adjusting the script to cut down on the script chatter internally. Yeah changing the locomotive direction fixes that. I discovered that myself and inquired sometime ago.

I really enjoy your attention to details and QA on the route, which reflects in your fastidious building and neatness through out. I saw this on your video series as well as you moved along from bare baseboards to landscaping.

The route does look really nice in TRS19. The new beta, though, breaks some of the trees which I've reported as a bug. The lighting and shadows, however, make the route really awesome.

I did some editing and merged your route into Coal Country beyond Allegheny yard. There's now an excuse to interchange empty coal hoppers with the RPPX and an excuse to run my RPPX equipment on the P&B.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

Joe,
    Thanks so much for the link to the timetable and tour documents. There is gold in those documents, and I've only just scanned through them. I'm still coming to grips with all the many facets of Trainz, and seeing how sessions run with a route helps me try to figure out all the other things that can be done. That's why I enjoy sessions so much - they are giving me ideas on how things should be working on the route.

The free-run session is the one I've been playing around the most with. The "seeding" of various rolling stock around the route is a cool idea and I am sending engines out to collect and move them around.

I think your immersion factor is working very well for this route. It is beautifully done, and those of us following its construction in your videos have quite a bit of insight on how and why you did things for the route. I especially like the fact that, while it is supposedly a fictitious route, it has a strong basis in real locations and areas. You are right about how this will breathe life into a bunch of tracks that are seemingly thrown together. You've weaved together quite an interesting route and story line.

A quick question (well two actually) - will the coal power plant unloader track be interactive? I had to manually unload the coal cars. Does the PRR run on this route too, or is that out of the timeline?

This is already an exciting route and the possibility of future additions and updates makes this even better. Thanks so much for your hard work on this and your attention to detail.

Gary

Did some checking. The coal power plant unloader seems to only accepts default coal loads. I played around with some different types of coal - bituminous, stove, raw, etc - and these don't unload on the track. Yesterday, when I ran a pre-loaded consist of coal during the free play session from the Babcock mine, the coal power plant unloader would not accept the coal. I didn't check what type of coal was loaded in those cars beforehand, but it was probably not default coal.

Just now, when I made the load default coal, things worked perfectly. Now, how to get the mine to only load with default coal...hmmm....

Gary

All I can say is... excellent route. Love the older 4 axle "hand me down" power. Nicely laid out track work and scenery. Thank you for making this route available to the community, along with the content pack. Keep up the great work!

Blog Entries

All I can say is... excellent route.
    And sessions ........ Great work!!!!!!!

Matt

work hard, Play harder