Pennsylvania & Berwind Content Pack

You're welcome! Enjoy!

Have no idea what you're up against installing it into TRS19 though. Good luck ;-)

-Joe
I installed it into both TANE and TRS19 and it all installed well into both - no missing assets etc. It's working and looking great in TRS19.

Joe you did a great job. This route is very well done. I gave it a whirl late last night with a free-drive through freight to Allegheny yard.

Here's the early morning view in TRS19:

XO2Tc1x.jpg

Yeah the trees are a bit weird and I've sent off a bug report about that, but way cool with the lighting coming through the trees. I need to adjust the sun to be a bit more yellow for the mornings.

I'm not crazy - they were missing. I went to the page several times within 20 min. Cleared browser cache, tried different browsers, etc. The links had gone missing.

All is well now, thank you. :)

boc61

I just ordered this, it looks fantastic.

"My wife says that if I buy one more train, she is going to leave me. I'm going to miss her."

Just curious, because it's a woman... still there I think?

boc61

I just ordered this, it looks fantastic.

"My wife says that if I buy one more train, she is going to leave me. I'm going to miss her."

Just curious, because it's a woman... still there I think?

Yeah. We've come to an arrangement, Everytime I buy something for Trainz, she gets a bottle of wine.

I ran through the Free Play...it is a outstanding. The route alone is great, but the content pack really makes it a winner. Great Job!

I'm with boc61 on this. Just had some fun with the Free Play session as well. Coupled up with the 48 car empty hopper consist with just a GP9 and an RS27 for power. AI driver did all the driving to the Babcock Mine. Had to shoehorn all those cars onto the sidings - you should have seen the look on the evening shift manager's face. Looks like some OT for the mine workers tonight, heh heh.:hehe:

Then I took a loaded 9-car consist from the mine to the coal unloader on the other side of Allegheny so the mine guys wouldn't be too sore at me - and it freed up one of their tracks.

I ran into one red signal in the Allegheny yard that refused to release, and the red signal before the coal unloader did the same. I had to use the "Hand of God" to move the train past the red signals.

This is one very good-looking route. I also followed the construction of this route on Youtube and was looking forward to its release. Accolades to Approach Medium for an excellent job. I am really going to enjoy this one. The look of rural Pennsylvania is pretty much spot on. I grew up in that area and this really took me back.

This is the second route from JR that I've picked up that had a BW9 engine in it. The Eagle River route BW9 interior did not have interactive control of the levers, so I had to drive it with the sliders. I thought it might be a missing dependency of some sort, but now I have a BW9 in this route and the same non-interactive deal with the interior. I'm going to guess that this type engine simply doesn't have any interaction for cab mode. If anyone knows different, please let me know.

This route has some of the best-looking water effects that I've seen. Thanks for such a really great route. This is super.

Heinrich505

ledebrxd_o.jpg

One of the neatest parts of the route - cruising through a run-down section of town to get to the coal unloading track. I absolutely loved the way this area was depicted.

YQvsf5Tb_o.jpg

Very nice awesome job Approach Medium. IThe only thing is I thought maybe the U25C would have been in the pack. Think you guys could do one in P&B colors?

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Screenshots are looking really good :) I'm so happy everyone is enjoying the route so far.

I'm surprised that it actually doesn't look too bad in TRS19. I haven't properly tested it in 19 yet myself but I might have to take another look.

I'm not sure what to tell you about the BW-9 but I'll bring it up to the other JR guys.

As for the stubborn red signals. I've found if you're running a train in reverse the signals won't change properly. If that's the case, try using the "change locomotive direction" tool and see if that helps any.

I'll also mention a U25C skin. Those were ready after I did the other skins so I couldn't include one this round. As the route expands there will be other content packs though. Would love to add a few more 4 axle diesels as well as a variety of rolling stock in the future.

I'm pretty new to session building, so if anyone has feedback regarding how they're structured it would be tremendously helpful for me going forward ;-) The Mill Creek session probably has the most hand-holding while I took a more hands-off, free-form approach to the Vonny and Old Town switching sessions. Not sure which is more helpful for everyone. They're really there just to help users familiarize themselves with the route and operations.

Also, make sure to check out the time table and P&B Tour PDF's for more background on the operations, http://jointedrail.com/pb-time-table/

-Joe

Back