Pennsylvania & Berwind Content Pack

Joe,

The signal issue is actually due to how the JR signals work now due to Justin adjusting the script to cut down on the script chatter internally. Yeah changing the locomotive direction fixes that. I discovered that myself and inquired sometime ago.

I really enjoy your attention to details and QA on the route, which reflects in your fastidious building and neatness through out. I saw this on your video series as well as you moved along from bare baseboards to landscaping.

The route does look really nice in TRS19. The new beta, though, breaks some of the trees which I've reported as a bug. The lighting and shadows, however, make the route really awesome.

I did some editing and merged your route into Coal Country beyond Allegheny yard. There's now an excuse to interchange empty coal hoppers with the RPPX and an excuse to run my RPPX equipment on the P&B. :D

Joe,
Thanks so much for the link to the timetable and tour documents. There is gold in those documents, and I've only just scanned through them. I'm still coming to grips with all the many facets of Trainz, and seeing how sessions run with a route helps me try to figure out all the other things that can be done. That's why I enjoy sessions so much - they are giving me ideas on how things should be working on the route.

The free-run session is the one I've been playing around the most with. The "seeding" of various rolling stock around the route is a cool idea and I am sending engines out to collect and move them around.

I think your immersion factor is working very well for this route. It is beautifully done, and those of us following its construction in your videos have quite a bit of insight on how and why you did things for the route. I especially like the fact that, while it is supposedly a fictitious route, it has a strong basis in real locations and areas. You are right about how this will breathe life into a bunch of tracks that are seemingly thrown together. You've weaved together quite an interesting route and story line.

A quick question (well two actually) - will the coal power plant unloader track be interactive? I had to manually unload the coal cars. Does the PRR run on this route too, or is that out of the timeline?

This is already an exciting route and the possibility of future additions and updates makes this even better. Thanks so much for your hard work on this and your attention to detail.

Gary

Did some checking. The coal power plant unloader seems to only accepts default coal loads. I played around with some different types of coal - bituminous, stove, raw, etc - and these don't unload on the track. Yesterday, when I ran a pre-loaded consist of coal during the free play session from the Babcock mine, the coal power plant unloader would not accept the coal. I didn't check what type of coal was loaded in those cars beforehand, but it was probably not default coal.

Just now, when I made the load default coal, things worked perfectly. Now, how to get the mine to only load with default coal...hmmm....:D

Gary

All I can say is... excellent route. Love the older 4 axle "hand me down" power. Nicely laid out track work and scenery. Thank you for making this route available to the community, along with the content pack. Keep up the great work!

All I can say is... excellent route.
And sessions ........ Great work!!!!!!!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

G'day All,

Have recently downloaded this new route and it looks very nice indeed. Thanks to Approach Medium for his great work.

Just wondering about the content pack available from JR. Does it include anything other than the locos and caboose in the pics on JR's page? (I understand there are sessions included as well).

Any other rolling stock etc?

Many thanks for any info.

Cheers,
Piere.

• Locos & Rolling Stock pack contains:

P&B 100 Ton Hopper, P&B B30-7, P&B BW9 #10, P&B CE-11 Caboose, P&B GP7 renumbered (ex-CNW), P&B GP9 high hood (ex-MILW), P&B RS27, P&B RS27 GRAY SCHEME, P&B S4, PB GP38-2

• Session Rolling Stock pack contains:

52ft Gondola ATW, 52ft Gondola BNSF 3 ex-SOO, 52ft Gondola CEFX 2, 52ft Gondola CIRR, 52ft Gondola CR, 52ft Gondola CR Quality, 52ft Gondola CSXT 2, 52ft Gondola CSXT 3, 52ft Gondola DJJX, 52ft Gondola GONX 1, 52ft Gondola GONX 2, 52ft Gondola HBRX 1, 52ft Gondola HBRX 2, 52ft Gondola HBRX MOW, 52ft Gondola NKCR, 52ft Gondola NOKL 1, 52ft Gondola PRR, 52ft Gondola RTTX, 52ft Gondola SGLR, 60ft HC Boxcar CSX Ver2, 73ft Centerbeam BCIT, 73ft Centerbeam BN, 73ft Centerbeam BNSF, 73ft Centerbeam CSXT, 73ft Centerbeam GTW 3, 73ft Centerbeam SRY, 73ft Centerbeam TTX 2, 73ft Centerbeam TTZX, ACTX CB 20800 gal tank car, AFPX 20800 gal tank car, AGRX Cylindrical Hopper, BN 50' ACF Boxcar 3, BN 50' ACF Boxcar 4, BN 62Ft. Bulkhead (early era), BNBX 20800 gal tank car, BNSF 60ft flatcar, BNSF 62Ft. Bulkhead, BRCX 20800 gal tank car, CAGY 50ft Boxcar FMC, CHMX 20800 gal tank car, CITX 20800 gal tank car, CR G41A Coil Car, CRDX 2 bay Trinity hopper CRDX clean, CRDX 2 bay Trinity hopper wheathered 1, CRDX 2 bay Trinity hopper wheathered 2, CSX 2 bay Trinity hopper clean 1, CSX 2 bay Trinity hopper clean 2, Evans Covered Hopper BNSF Graffiti3, Evans Covered Hopper MP, Evans Covered Hopper USLX dirty2, FCRD 2 P-S 50_6ft Boxcar, GATX 23000 gal Funnel-Flow tank car white, GATX ACF Centerflow 4 Bay round hatch W, GMRC (Ex Pan Am) 50ft Boxcar FMC, GMRC 50ft Boxcar FMC, IC P-S 50_6ft Boxcar, INDX 1 P-S 50_6ft Boxcar, JR 52ft Gondola CSXT #2, JR Cylindrical Hoppern CSX clean 1, JR Cylindrical Hoppern CSX clean 2, JR Cylindrical Hoppern CSX dirty, JR Cylindrical Hoppern NMIX, JR Cylindrical Hoppern UTLX 1, JR Cylindrical Hoppern UTLX 2, P&B 100 Ton Hopper, P&B B30-7, P&B BW9 #10, P&B CE-11 Caboose, P&B GP7 renumbered (ex-CNW), P&B GP9 high hood (ex-MILW), P&B RS27, P&B RS27 GRAY SCHEME, P&B S4, PB GP38-2, PROX 23000 gal Funnel-Flow tank car black, RBOX 50ft Boxcar FMC, RBOX P-S 50_6ft Boxcar, RBOX2 50ft Boxcar FMC, RUSX ACF Centerflow 3 Bay long hatch, SAMX ACF Centerflow 4 Bay round hatch W, Spinecar A Unit Dirty, Spinecar B Unit Dirty, Spinecar C Unit Dirty, Spinecar D Unit Dirty, Spinecar E Unit Dirty, SSW Centerflow 3 Bay long hatch, UNPX ACF Centerflow 4 Bay long hatch, UP #180400 3 Bay ACF, UP 2 bay Trinity hopper clean 2, UP 2 bay Trinity hopper clean 3, UP 2 bay Trinity hopper weathered, UTLX 23000 gal Funnel-Flow tank car, WACX 20800 gal tank car, WM 50' ACF Boxcar

@Heinrich505

The coal situation got a bit tricky. I wanted there to be a variety of different coals along the route to keep coal train operation interesting, but not all industries can accept or produce the different coal loads. One case was the unloader at Allegheny Steel as it only will accept the built in "coal" asset. My work around for that was to have PBS Coal at Mill Creek produce two different types of coal. It's probably very unrealistic but it works as a solution to keep coal flowing around the route. PBS produces the built in coal at one tipple and Anthracite Raw Coal at the other tipple. The built in coal can head to Allegheny Steel while the Anthracite can get put into a consist to be interchanged at Juniata or sent to Grafton in a yard transfer.

The other type of coal found on the P&B is Bituminous Raw Coal which comes from Babcock Mine. Coal from there can be interchanged or sent to Thompson's in Old Town.

As the route grows I'm probably going to have to adapt what coal goes where and where it originates but for now it was a good way to have a variety of coal on the route that could be switched online as well as offline.

Hope that helps.

-Joe

John,
I tried the “Change train facing” but it didn’t change the signal. Nothing I tried worked, even reversing the engine. Stuck at the red until “The Hand if God” swept the train beyond the red signal. ;)

I’ll try taking a different track path tonight to see if I can maneuver past it.

Gary

Joe,
Thanks for the reply and explanation. It helps a lot. I’ll try rerouting to other coal locations and/or setting the certain types of coal out in the yards for transfer. It makes sense that some types would be picked up and moved away to locations off the route. And I thought I was doing something wrong when the coal was delivered but refused by the guys at the plant.

Whaddaya mean? Wrong type coal? Hey pal, I just drive the stuff. Coal is coal. Ya gotta take it. I’m uncoupling and leaving it.

I’m particularly excited that you have plans for expansion. It is already an excellent atmospheric route, so whatever extra you add will just make it even better.

Thanks so much.

Gary

John,
I tried the “Change train facing” but it didn’t change the signal. Nothing I tried worked, even reversing the engine. Stuck at the red until “The Hand if God” swept the train beyond the red signal. ;)

I’ll try taking a different track path tonight to see if I can maneuver past it.

Gary

There's got to be something else going on then besides the engine direction, but this has been the case since the updated signal scripts. If you are using SP2, then there are "some issues" with AI, signals, and track marks not playing nice together. These issues have been fixed it seems in SP3 for the most part and also in TRS19 so far anyway.

Thank you very much for putting all that info together for me.

Cheers,
Piere.

• Locos & Rolling Stock pack contains:

P&B 100 Ton Hopper, P&B B30-7, P&B BW9 #10, P&B CE-11 Caboose, P&B GP7 renumbered (ex-CNW), P&B GP9 high hood (ex-MILW), P&B RS27, P&B RS27 GRAY SCHEME, P&B S4, PB GP38-2

• Session Rolling Stock pack contains:

52ft Gondola ATW, 52ft Gondola BNSF 3 ex-SOO, 52ft Gondola CEFX 2, 52ft Gondola CIRR, 52ft Gondola CR, 52ft Gondola CR Quality, 52ft Gondola CSXT 2, 52ft Gondola CSXT 3, 52ft Gondola DJJX, 52ft Gondola GONX 1, 52ft Gondola GONX 2, 52ft Gondola HBRX 1, 52ft Gondola HBRX 2, 52ft Gondola HBRX MOW, 52ft Gondola NKCR, 52ft Gondola NOKL 1, 52ft Gondola PRR, 52ft Gondola RTTX, 52ft Gondola SGLR, 60ft HC Boxcar CSX Ver2, 73ft Centerbeam BCIT, 73ft Centerbeam BN, 73ft Centerbeam BNSF, 73ft Centerbeam CSXT, 73ft Centerbeam GTW 3, 73ft Centerbeam SRY, 73ft Centerbeam TTX 2, 73ft Centerbeam TTZX, ACTX CB 20800 gal tank car, AFPX 20800 gal tank car, AGRX Cylindrical Hopper, BN 50' ACF Boxcar 3, BN 50' ACF Boxcar 4, BN 62Ft. Bulkhead (early era), BNBX 20800 gal tank car, BNSF 60ft flatcar, BNSF 62Ft. Bulkhead, BRCX 20800 gal tank car, CAGY 50ft Boxcar FMC, CHMX 20800 gal tank car, CITX 20800 gal tank car, CR G41A Coil Car, CRDX 2 bay Trinity hopper CRDX clean, CRDX 2 bay Trinity hopper wheathered 1, CRDX 2 bay Trinity hopper wheathered 2, CSX 2 bay Trinity hopper clean 1, CSX 2 bay Trinity hopper clean 2, Evans Covered Hopper BNSF Graffiti3, Evans Covered Hopper MP, Evans Covered Hopper USLX dirty2, FCRD 2 P-S 50_6ft Boxcar, GATX 23000 gal Funnel-Flow tank car white, GATX ACF Centerflow 4 Bay round hatch W, GMRC (Ex Pan Am) 50ft Boxcar FMC, GMRC 50ft Boxcar FMC, IC P-S 50_6ft Boxcar, INDX 1 P-S 50_6ft Boxcar, JR 52ft Gondola CSXT #2, JR Cylindrical Hoppern CSX clean 1, JR Cylindrical Hoppern CSX clean 2, JR Cylindrical Hoppern CSX dirty, JR Cylindrical Hoppern NMIX, JR Cylindrical Hoppern UTLX 1, JR Cylindrical Hoppern UTLX 2, P&B 100 Ton Hopper, P&B B30-7, P&B BW9 #10, P&B CE-11 Caboose, P&B GP7 renumbered (ex-CNW), P&B GP9 high hood (ex-MILW), P&B RS27, P&B RS27 GRAY SCHEME, P&B S4, PB GP38-2, PROX 23000 gal Funnel-Flow tank car black, RBOX 50ft Boxcar FMC, RBOX P-S 50_6ft Boxcar, RBOX2 50ft Boxcar FMC, RUSX ACF Centerflow 3 Bay long hatch, SAMX ACF Centerflow 4 Bay round hatch W, Spinecar A Unit Dirty, Spinecar B Unit Dirty, Spinecar C Unit Dirty, Spinecar D Unit Dirty, Spinecar E Unit Dirty, SSW Centerflow 3 Bay long hatch, UNPX ACF Centerflow 4 Bay long hatch, UP #180400 3 Bay ACF, UP 2 bay Trinity hopper clean 2, UP 2 bay Trinity hopper clean 3, UP 2 bay Trinity hopper weathered, UTLX 23000 gal Funnel-Flow tank car, WACX 20800 gal tank car, WM 50' ACF Boxcar

When I have some free time again, I'll look into the issue with the signals. Just before release Scratchy mentioned I should update all my signals to the latest JR ones we have but I totally forgot about it until now. Wondering if maybe that has something to do with it.

-Joe

Joe,
Thanks for all the support. For the red signal in the Allegheny yard and the one right before the coal unloader track, the AI refused to continue. I took over and drove through the red signals with no consequences, and then gave the commands to the AI driver again.

Someone in the TRS2019 thread said you used a different signal schedule than ATLS. Would that be causing a problem? I noticed that one of the portal trains stopped just past a red signal on the main line and was blocking the switch to a siding as another AI consist approached. I went into edit and “moved” the one sitting on the switch back to clear the switch and put him behind the red signal. The approaching engine then crossed the formerly blocked switch and moved onto the siding, which freed up the mainline for the portal consist. No big deal I guess - there seems to be a lot of “hand-holding” for the AI engineers in TANE. :) Both trains continued on as ordered.

I’m now working different type coal loads from the other industries that you mentioned. Thanks so much for the heads up on that. Every night I get to explore yet another branch of this amazing route. It is such fun.

Gary

Anyone having issues with the Vonny Local? After I select my control method (Realistic), nothing pops up. No HUD, key commands don't work either. I can get in the cab and all, but can't even use the mouse to manipulate the controls. This is the only activity in which I have had this issue. Any ideas?

kknobl,
I'm running TANE SP3 version 94916 and the session came up okay for me. I was also running cab mode and had control of all the levers inside the cab as well as the sliders for the HUD. Not sure why yours would not function right.

The only odd thing, so far, was a draw problem with parallel tracks. As I passed Old Town, the track alongside the main was undrawing by sections (disappearing) as I approached but redrawing by sections (reappearing) as I passed where the disappearing sections started.

Heinrich505

I installed it into both TANE and TRS19 and it all installed well into both - no missing assets etc. It's working and looking great in TRS19.

Interesting, I tried installing it into TS19 and have some faulty asset errors from the content pack.

Interesting, I tried installing it into TS19 and have some faulty asset errors from the content pack.

I just saw this FAQ in case you tried to install it by importing from TANE? I installed it by downloading from the store then downloading all missing dependencies one by one, took a while!

http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

Q. Will my TANE Built-in and DLC items work in TRS19?

A. Yes, all your TANE Built-in and DLC content will be made available for downloading in-game during the Early Access period.

Note that we do not support importing your DLC content from TANE via Content Manager. Find our more information about importing content here.

Back