Pennsylvania & Berwind Content Pack

I just saw this FAQ in case you tried to install it by importing from TANE? I installed it by downloading from the store then downloading all missing dependencies one by one, took a while!

http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

Q. Will my TANE Built-in and DLC items work in TRS19?

A. Yes, all your TANE Built-in and DLC content will be made available for downloading in-game during the Early Access period.

Note that we do not support importing your DLC content from TANE via Content Manager. Find our more information about importing content here.

I installed it by downloading the CDPs from JR's website, since that's where I bought it, and importing the CDPs to TRS19's Content Manager. I didn't buy it through the Auran store so it won't show up in-game.

EDIT: It doesn't look like any of the P&B content is on the Trainz Store.. so the only way to get it into TRS2019 is to import the cdp files? Unless I'm really missing something.

EDIT2:

Ok, so I installed it into TANE without issue, but the game crashes as soon as I bring up the waybills in the 'Free Play' session. No faulty assets or missing dependencies in the content manager.

Last edited:
The waybills crash has been an issue for me as well as others. I submitted it as a bug to N3V but they couldn't reproduce it so they moved on. If you're having the issue I suggest submitting a bug report as well so maybe they'll look into it further.

-Joe

The waybills crash has been an issue for me as well as others. I submitted it as a bug to N3V but they couldn't reproduce it so they moved on. If you're having the issue I suggest submitting a bug report as well so maybe they'll look into it further.

-Joe
Yea, filed a ticket, the answer was "Not our product, so we can't help." :/

It's a game bug though. Has nothing to do with the route.

-Joe

Apparently N3V disagrees:

[FONT=&quot]As we did not produce or sell this content, we cannot provide technical support for it. If you are seeing issues, such as a crash, when using this content, then you will need to contact the creators or the store that it was purchased from.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]N3V Games Support Team
[/FONT]

Apparently N3V disagrees:

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Third-party packages are not supported by N3V. To install these packages, you need to install the CDP files provided by he content creator such as Jointed Rail.
You are responsible for finding all assets, installing, and ensuring they work properly.

If there is something wrong with packages such as missing assets, you need seek out the content on your own. This may mean contacting the author or provider of the packages. If there are errors with the assets, you need to contact the author and/or provider.

I'm not sure you are aware, but N3V provides very little content themselves and haven't in quite sometime. There's more important things to do like making sure programs work, thus, they focus their energies there and let the community provide the content. With that said, however, they will support the content packages they sell on their website.

The waybills bug has been reported and being a program problem, and not a content problem, they will look at that and it's most likely being addressed in an update at some point.

As far as this route working in TRS19. It does work and quite nicely. Again you need to install the CDPs manually via Content Manager.

Whenever you install content, always check the open for edit screen after installing. If there are any assets open for edit, revert them to original.

Sometimes third-party routes and other assets require content provided on the Download Station. This is due to how Trainz works. These assets are not installed in the package if they come from the DLS, and instead require the end-user, meaning you or me, to install these assets. The only exception are DLC packages sold by N3V directly.

The waybills bug has been reported and being a program problem, and not a content problem, they will look at that and it's most likely being addressed in an update at some point.
Which is totally not what the ticket response above says.

As far as this route working in TRS19. It does work and quite nicely. Again you need to install the CDPs manually via Content Manager.
Did you miss the part where I said I did exactly that?

Whenever you install content, always check the open for edit screen after installing. If there are any assets open for edit, revert them to original.

Sometimes third-party routes and other assets require content provided on the Download Station. This is due to how Trainz works. These assets are not installed in the package if they come from the DLS, and instead require the end-user, meaning you or me, to install these assets. The only exception are DLC packages sold by N3V directly.

I've been using trains for a long time.. I know how it works ;)

Which is totally not what the ticket response above says.

Did you miss the part where I said I did exactly that?

I've been using trains for a long time.. I know how it works ;)

Probably because you phrased your question or statement in reference to this route in particular. As someone who worked in IT, customer administation, support, and other technical and support roles, the technician can only go by the information given.

I wouldn't know. There are many people here with version listed, but that doesn't mean I or anyone else knows you have used the products for years.

I haven't played the route much, but I keep running into a problem ive seen a little bit on the tidewater route, phantom railcars!
Problem.jpg

On the map there is 3 cars between the center beams and tankers, but in game there is just void. when I tried to pull the consist, it wouldn't budge. There is an AI train a little down the track with 4 jeeps but 0 cars, yet on the map its a massive consist, and it cant move either. The game claims there are no missing dependency's, and nothing seems to be open for edit, but I don't know what car isn't showing up and I've yet to find one that's open for edit (if that's even the cause). Thoughts?

I haven't played the route much, but I keep running into a problem ive seen a little bit on the tidewater route, phantom railcars!
<pic removed>

On the map there is 3 cars between the center beams and tankers, but in game there is just void. when I tried to pull the consist, it wouldn't budge. There is an AI train a little down the track with 4 jeeps but 0 cars, yet on the map its a massive consist, and it cant move either. The game claims there are no missing dependency's, and nothing seems to be open for edit, but I don't know what car isn't showing up and I've yet to find one that's open for edit (if that's even the cause). Thoughts?

That seems to fix weird things like this. My first instinct was to check for open for edits, but you've done that as well checked for missing dependencies so you did all the first things first.

Try running a database repair. If the quick repair doesn't do it, then try an Extended Database Repair. You need to press CTRL when you click on rebuild database

That seems to fix weird things like this. My first instinct was to check for open for edits, but you've done that as well checked for missing dependencies so you did all the first things first.

Try running a database repair. If the quick repair doesn't do it, then try an Extended Database Repair. You need to press CTRL when you click on rebuild database

This hasn't worked sadly. There might be something open for edit but like I said, I don't know what car(s) are missing. I cant just submit all edits due to hard-drive problems (the SSD that the "app" folder is on is currently on 248MB of space left and every submit seems to eat 40MB).

The above problem might cause the issue, but I would hope that if it did the game would detect it. As in say something is missing or faulty.

waybill crash

It's a game bug though. Has nothing to do with the route.

-Joe

I'd like to think your correct, but I have tried 3 built-in route sessions and the waybill system does not make the game crash. Could it possibly be the JR multi-industry not setup correctly on one of the industries? I know I have had instances where I didn't setup the industries right and the game would crash. I love the route by the way and I'm waiting for a U25c to be made for it.

[QUOTE = bnsfc; 1708615] Eu não tenho jogado muito a rota, mas eu continuo correndo em um problema que eu vi um pouco na rota da maré, vagões fantasma!
Problem.jpg

No mapa há 3 carros entre as vigas centrais e os tanques, mas no jogo há apenas vazio. quando eu tentei puxar a consistência, ela não se moveu. Há um trem AI um pouco abaixo da pista com 4 jipes, mas 0 carros, ainda no mapa é uma consistência maciça, e ele não pode se mover tanto. O jogo alega que não há falta de dependência, e nada parece estar aberto para edição, mas eu não sei qual carro não está aparecendo e eu ainda não encontrei um que está aberto para edição (se é que isso é a causa) . Pensamentos? [/ QUOTE]

I do not know if this can help, but if you delete all trains from that region and use the "find object" tool, you can find the wagons of the remaining train that has the "ghost" effect, because physically the wagons are on the train ... it's a attempt...

João Sergio

Problem.jpg

I do not know if this can help, but if you delete all trains from that region and use the "find object" tool, you can find the wagons of the remaining train that has the "ghost" effect, because physically the wagons are on the train ... it's a attempt...

João Sergio

I have a question on the Mill Creek session. I'm not too clear on the exact sequence of picking up and dropping off once you reach the coal mine. Should yuou pull the loaded cars then drop the empties? If so do you pull the front two cuts first. Also, how should you distribute the empties?

@boc61

The Mill Creek session was the first one I made so it might not be my best attempt, but IIRC the order in which to complete the session is to pull all the loads in any order then place all of the empties in any order under the tipples. There's no exact number of empties that have to be spotted at each tipple but I think there should be exactly enough to fit. You might end up a with a few additional empties (it's been a while so I can't remember for sure) which you can spot on one of the stub ended sidings for the next crew.

In the next update I'll probably create a new session that's built similar to the Vonny session. I really don't like all the "hand holding" you end up with when using multiple navigation points for switching operations which is why I like how the Vonny session runs. Session building isn't really a strength of mine but I'm getting better.

Glad you guys are still enjoying the route! :)

Joe

Back