MANY Missing Items - Fall Harvest Route

boleyd

I had not tried Fall Harvest in TS19 so I loaded it. Missing Dependencies. The Download Content Manager showed in excess of 1500 items that needed download. Since I did not cause that I can only assume someone in N3V removed the items and forced me to spend over almost 2 hours waiting for the downloads to complete. There may be a legitimate reason for needing a re-download. To put that burden on the customer is not, in my opinion, a satisfactory remedy.

The Fall Harvest route is a Payware route. The updated package is supposed to be out this coming month. This was mentioned in the newsletter last week.

I found I also had issues with payware routes that weren't updated yet so it's best to wait until the content is prepped. The data can't be copied between platforms and the assets that are available on the DLS are older versions most of the time and need to be repaired so it's better to wait until the route is finished and released.

I wonder if "repaired" means updated to RPB textures and similar visual upgrades as well. It is not the end of the world but since it is "just" a hobby I was sort of interested in seeing how it would look with a few mass replacements of the ancient 2018 textures. No big problem, but annoying. Something for my therapist to ponder. The modern thing to do is to take a pill and move on..

Good question on the textures, but I don't know.

Yeah as long as we keep a perspective on things, it's not bad. Although, Trainz isn't a game as we know and some of us here become more than annoyed. :)

Unless I’ve missed something I think the version of TRS2019 that we are all currently using is what they are calling “Early Access,” which is a pre-release version of the ‘game’.

It should come as no surprise, therefore, that some problems will be encountered and identified at this stage, which may require some fine tuning.

I expect that enabling “Early Access” was to facilitate this sort of trial period and encourage feedback on the contentious issues that will be hopefully addressed, resolved or rectified in preparation for the full release.

In the meantime I am enjoying learning about the new innovations and look forward to the ‘game’ going from strength to strength.

PS: I do not wish to upset anyone by referring to TRS2019 as a ‘game’.Even as a comparative newcomer I can appreciate that it’s much more than that. I would happily use any other term that members find more appropriate.

Comments on Beta products are precisely what the vendor wants and must have. Otherwise the is no purpose. Imagine if you released a Beta and there were no negative comments. Something was wrong. N3V knows that some things remain. They expect responses. The "strength", and amount of responses, often determine the placement of the bug(s) on the to-do list.

Absolutely Dan.

Report and report away not only here in the forums for all of us to discuss but also in the actual bug report so the developers have access to the bugs that have been discovered. The reason is the developers don't always visit the forums here, and if they spend a lot of time in the forums they're not fixing stuff so it's best we hand deliver to them the bugs we've found. :)

Back