Trainz 12 FPS VS TANE FPS

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
I hope this isn't a silly question but I'll ask either way. What is so different about the FPS in 12 VS TANE? On the current machine I'm using, when I was playing Trainz 12, my average FPS on my highest of detailed routes (And with the game set to max settings) was about 75-90 FPS, but when I switched over to TANE, I noticed that the max FPS for the entire game seems to only be 30 (even on just a simple base board with nothing on it). Is there any actual reason for this? Is there anyway to get past this apparent 30FPS cap in TANE? If not, why such a big difference?

In launcher settings, set vertical sync to full or none to cure that issue.
cheers
Graeme

I gave that a shot and it worked, never knew about that honestly, thanks :D

I do have another question though. I know my graphics card can handle TANE just fine, ( it's a GTX 1060 6 gig) and I never really seem to lose any frame rates (With TANE on its current settings.) But I've noticed that TANE will lag or "Skip" frames every so often even though my FPS stay about the same. What could be causing that?

I found that excluding all trainz folders from real time scanning by antivirus reduced that problem. I have the same graphics as you.
cheers
Graeme

Hi,
Even excluding the data files from my virus checker, TANE still has the odd skip of two. Nothing major, just a slight disturbance.

TS19, on the other hand, is much smoother

Colin

Just that you mentioned this card, GTX 1060 6 GB - will it work with AMD sockets? I am sick and tired playing Trainz on my laptop and I intend building my own PC.

Yes, the GTX1060 should work fine. The AMD socket is only for the CPU (I assume you are looking at a Ryzen for that). The PCI express sockets, including the one(s) for the graphics card(s) are essentially the same across both Intel and AMD based motherboards.

Hi,
First step is to choose your preferred CPU, RAM quantity and external connectors (even number of USB 2/USB 3 ports).
Choose a good quality motherboard manufacturer, then look at the motherboards that support your chosen CPU (AMD and Intel CPUs are made in the same package, so you're looking for the socket type).
The socket type will change with different revisions of CPUs.
There were some motherboards made with capacitors that leaked after a few years, wrecking the computer. I've still got a PC running after 10+ years (Gigabyte m/b), that's the reason for my recommendation.

You will need a CPU cooler (the standard one usually isn't up to hours of running at 80%+ of capacity.
Choose a good case that is recommended for gaming (good cooling).

From your previous choices, you'll have specifications for the type of RAM, disc drives etc

The GPU slot is standard, so your choice is between one/two CPU slots.

Lastly, power unit. Make sure that it can supply enough power, both now and add some for future upgrades.
Don't be tempted away from quality manufacturers

Enjoy,

Colin

There were some motherboards made with capacitors that leaked after a few years, wrecking the computer. I've still got a PC running after 10+ years (Gigabyte m/b), that's the reason for my recommendation.

I had a Gigabyte board with leaking capacitors after three years use, I actually replaced them myself before it died as it was out of warranty anyway....... They were not immune all manufacturers were affected.

Not a problem these days if you stick to the main manufacturers.

Hi,
First step is to choose your preferred CPU, RAM quantity and external connectors (even number of USB 2/USB 3 ports).
Colin
Thanks for the tips. The problem is that the more I research the more confused I am. The reviews contradicts each other and it is hard to find a manufacturer with no bad reviews. I guess people happy with the product are less likely to spend time on writing positive reviews. But now I am so addicted to Trainz I have to make a choice, no matter how hard it is.

Back