Bug report - shady textures

gabytzuxu

Ox4J81w
Ox4J81w
zi7GQKq
Hello ! You can solve this ? Some textures appear shady. In TANE SP2 works ok. Greetings !

https://imgur.com/a/zi7GQKq

Last edited:
probably if you are mixing PBR and older textures you will get a dark gap between then at some joining points. Is that the case?

No, it renders far darker in shadow than in TANE. In my case, the 422 class NSWGR by NSWGR_46Class from the DLS and the same version as in T:ANE with no PBR involved. I've also noticed a few uk steam locos have patches of plain black textures quite dfferent from thumbnail and how they look in T:ANE.
cheers
Graeme

Adjust the intensity of the Sun in Environmental Controls. It, as in real life, is responsible for shadows. Atmospheric dispersion and retractions from objects contribute to softening shadows. The computing power to provide the last two ain't worth it.

Had this on some of my own assets back in the beta and bug reported it, mesh error due to double sided materials and flipped normals, easily sorted out here with a Reset Xform in Max, seems that TRS19 is more picky about such things. It's something only the original creator can fix. Strange how it wasn't noticeable in TANE however I guess the new lighting is going to show errors like this that were previously not seen.

Suggest bug reporting it and sending a copy to N3V just to verify that is actually the problem.

Adjust the intensity of the Sun in Environmental Controls. It, as in real life, is responsible for shadows. Atmospheric dispersion and retractions from objects contribute to softening shadows. The computing power to provide the last two ain't worth it.
A little difficult in the main menu Dick!
cheers
Graeme

Back