Why is there not a website for free downloads for editions not supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The windows 10 Computer is not setup for gaming, and is loaded with other programs, and is shared. It appears the dls has to recognize my game somehow to access me. So I’m going to drag my dead horse home now so you guys don’t have to wear yourself out beating it. :)

Thanks for giving it a shot though.

Went to auran.com It shows my username in the top box with bottom box for my password.

Above this it says I need to register. I click the button.

It shows empty window boxes for me to put in....User name.....password......but then it says to confirm password in next window......email.....real name.

I entered my username, both passwords old and new on separate tries, confirmed it, put in my email address, my name, and both times it said username is already registered, and email is already being used, which means I am registered, my ticket expires Oct 16th, which means it’s active..........I have been on the dls, but there are very few ftp buttons showing up on the page to download it, and the ones I can are missing dependencies. No helicopter or plane is downloadable by an ftp button with full dependency, the one that we’re missing dependencies say are not valid on the dls

So what now Scotland Yards? LOL!!

I feel like I’m in one of those Abbott and Costello skits...........I DON’T KNOW WHO’S ON FIRST!!

”All I ever wanted to do was be a pilot, and fly a Tiger Moth 3 plane”

You have to type in the original UN, PW, EMail address that you originally used ... You can not re-register the game twice ... If you keep changing things the N3V servers will not know who you are ... If the original game was previously registered by someone else, you can not re-register it under your name

Last edited:
”All I ever wanted to do was be a pilot, and fly a Tiger Moth 3 plane”

You can't fly a plane like in a flight simulator.
The plane or helicopter is actually a train that runs on invisible track.
No way of free roming. No way of going to any place you want.
Only thing you can do is sit and watch it going with the built in cameras.

ENOUGH!

I’m not gonna jump through hoops for these kuids by signing up to other sites, especially when those are not the plane and helicopter I was requesting, and paid to obtain.

I was was told you have an ftp site, If I registered and purchased a first class ticket I could use that area for downloading.

I did register, I did purchase a fct, but I am not allowed on.

A button on my page says I need to register, but when I do, it says My info is already being used.

And now the only solution you guys are giving me is to sweep my money, info, and fct under the rug and go sign up to another site?

Plus you want to tell me you don’t send things by email because that’s illegal? Really? I am a member with a fct, so what part would be illegal, if the ftp site is not working, and I am only wanting 2 items?

To Richard, the quote was a joke, the reason for the plane and helicopter is for an elaborate canyon area on a route I’m building.

I am ending this thread here as my account seems to have turn into riddle with no answer, but only redirection now.

I apologize for causing a stir in your forum with my request. Take care.

The reason regarding the sending of items is actually due to copyright issues rather than being a member.

One thing I would like to check is that you've activated your First Class Ticket - this can be done by clicking MyTrainz at the top then clicking Download Tickets on the left hand side then scrolling down the page to the First Class Tickets section. It's normally possible to download if you are using the Download Station link above by clicking the Download Page link next to the item you want then clicking the FTP option on the resulting screen that appears.

There are some items though that are not on the Download Station which do involve getting them from another site - this is usually due to the creator choosing not to upload the content to the Download Station.

Whilst I understand you want to end the thread I'm keen on helping where possible regarding the problem.

Shane

I knew someone would probably post here again.

Let it go Shane. I have.

Since there is no solution for this problem, I have have no more reason to be on this forum unless I spend a load of money for new platforms and games, which I don’t see that happening. I will not be back on, so don’t waste your time with this thread. I have wasted way too much time trying to obtain these 2 items. I am not an ignorant person, I do know confusion makes money, that’s why nothing is simple anymore. I am not a slave to the internet, I am a simple farmer loving life outside of the Jerry Springer Show. Take care guys.

Your time line is now showing 2010 by the way, so something has been fixed......

We will still be here should you change your mind in the future.

It's a shame to come so close, getting registered (as your TS10 is now showing next to your name) ... then getting impatient ... then giving up completely

My suggestion is keep trying, and get on SKYPE Instant Messenger and get free help instantly from anyone

As you posted you have an ancient XP PC AMD Athlon 6 core, I wonder whether it will even run TRS2006, let alone TS10

Last edited:
Don't give up. All of us have run into problems and we've persevered and found a solution to the problem. I'm not a farmer, but if you didn't have a successful harvest at the end of the first season, would you give up and find another occupation or try it next season? It appears you've persevered and continue to farm instead of giving up after a unsuccessful harvest. Do the same thing with Trainz, use the same perseverance you use to farm to get Trainz to work for you.

As you posted you have an ancient XP PC AMD Athlon 6 core, I wonder whether it will even run TRS2006, let alone TS10

Yes it will, I had a Athlon 3 core that ran 2010, TS12 and TANE in Win7 on low settings admittedly with a decent graphics card. Still got it in my spare parts collection, even upgraded to Win10 OK had to try it! lately was using it for messing with Linux.

I knew someone would probably post here again.

Let it go Shane. I have.

Since there is no solution for this problem, I have have no more reason to be on this forum unless I spend a load of money for new platforms and games, which I don’t see that happening. I will not be back on, so don’t waste your time with this thread. I have wasted way too much time trying to obtain these 2 items. I am not an ignorant person, I do know confusion makes money, that’s why nothing is simple anymore. I am not a slave to the internet, I am a simple farmer loving life outside of the Jerry Springer Show. Take care guys.

Your TS2010 is now registered so you should now have access to the DLS. You may need help to work out how to download and get them into the game.

If you search Vulcan and catagory locomotive you should see at least 100 different aircraft.

This thread lists many https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?50753-New-Aircraft&highlight=aircraft

Your existing computer and software are fine you don't need to spend more cash.

Cheerio John

It appears you don't see what I'm seeing here?

Okay then.....I will have to prove it to you.

I gonna ask some simple questions that should only require a simple to answer.

First off I'm registered, and my number is registered, I purchased a fct and it says it is active until Oct 16th. This means I should have access according to you guys?
So....

1st - Where is the link for me to use the ftp site on trainz, and how do I log into it?

The link here, already provided by NSWGR_46Class:

https://www.auran.com/DLS/

Login in using the same login information you provided here.
Find asset you want.
Click on image.
Click on download using FTP button instead of Download Helper.
File gets downloaded, but may need dependencies so read description carefully on the page.

The file is downloaded as a CDP. Aka Content Data Package.

Start up Content Manager.
Click on File on the menu.
Click on Import CDPs...
Browse to where you downloaded the CDP(s) to.
Import the file(s).

You see? Simple question, can’t get a simple answer.

Are you you saying the dls is the ftp site?

Yes.

At one time there was also an actual FTP site, but due to hacking that option was removed sometime ago. Now you can only get there via the FTP links on the DLS to each specific asset.

I hope we did help you somewhat. Sit back, take a deep breath then dive back in! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back