Why is there not a website for free downloads for editions not supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

At one time there was also an actual FTP site, but due to hacking that option was removed sometime ago. Now you can only get there via the FTP links on the DLS to each specific asset.

I hope we did help you somewhat. Sit back, take a deep breath then dive back in! :D

SO THERE IS NO FTP SITE!!..........now how hard was that guys?

the ftp button only downloads the engine, the dependencies go to download cart which usually shows half of the being invalid. Plus without an ftp site I cannot download these dependencies.

the ftp button only downloads the engine, the dependencies go to download cart which usually shows half of the being invalid. Plus without an ftp site I cannot download these dependencies.

I may not be able to help you, but could you explain the 'half of the being invalid'?

Here’s a quick question?

When you go to a restaurant and order the steak dinner, with sides, and a drink, and they just bring you out the steak, and when you ask about the sides and drink, and they tell you, “Oh, that would be in the building next to this one.”, would you be happy about your dinner?

This is how I feel about downloading an ftp file from the blue ftp button only to find it is missing many dependencies that I need to find like some scavenger hunt, on a site that told me it had an ftp site, and now that I paid my money out, I find out it doesn’t. If this is how your new world is working, I want no part of it.

And we thought computers would make our lives easier, instead it has left us lazy, ignorant, and full of rage. I think it’s time to go fishing boys........

SO THERE IS NO FTP SITE!!..........now how hard was that guys?

Not true.

The asset details page will bring up a list of available dependencies.

Look below where it says DOWNLOAD FTP. You'll see a section for dependencies that you'll need to download one at a time. Usually the dependencies for things are pretty small being a bogey, engine spec file, etc.

The DOWNLOAD Helper is broken and has been for sometime due to browser security things, which have ruined it. This even in its best days never worked like it should anyway so you're not missing anything.

I may not be able to help you, but could you explain the 'half of the being invalid'?

When the page pops up with the content download or ftp down, below the two buttons is a list of dependencies not included in the file you are downloading. It says to down through cart, but the cart shows half of the dependencies as being not valid. I hope you are reading this thread from the beginning.

My XP COMPUTER
with trainz 2010 On it
(not online)

ONLINE COMPUTER
no game on it
(using hard drive and memory stick for transferring to My XP COMPUTER)

I cannot download an entire package without the ftp site, and there is not one for me to sign into an use.

So we can stop now.
I promise you, now that I know there is no longer an ftp site available, I will not be responding anymore to this thread. Take care.........gone fishin’.

forget about the cart system = the best way to get it all working 100% is to have the pc with the software on it access to the internet and let TS2010 do the heavy lifting it self via its in built content manager

Other wise your going to have to use some very time consuming work rounds as TS2010 as you know is no longer direct supported - all the items you want are on the DLS but your going to have to download each hand by hand off the DLS via ftp - other wise the system will try to give you the current version of an asset not the TS2010 version which are on the DLS but need to be searched for and down loaded by manually for every kuid

Last edited:
Can I ask why the Ts2010 machine is not able to access the internet = is it you do not want the machine to have access due to security or a lack of IT knowledge - creating temporary network these days is so easy and would save many hours of work and frustration = what you want to do is possible with 2010 but very time consuming and will need some guidance to get the kuids into 2010 i can help but being on the world time zone can play havoc with getting answers to you

Or you could load up TS2010 on the machine that is connected to the internet and download with the download manager which will bring in the dependencies. Then you can save them as a .cdp and copy them onto the other machine.

Cheerio John

For fishing may I suggest middleton with canal mind you I don't think it runs on TS2010, the narrow boats are all 3.5 or TS12.

Cheerio John

Clearly the OP has no patience for Trainz, as Trainz does require patience, and re-trying of things ... Trainz does not run automatically "right out of the box" ... Without patience, Trainz is not for those without patience

I can see when someone wants to quit ... let them quit

You want help ... ask for help, and you will get help here

Get Free Skype IM, and get instant help, one on one, in real time

Skype UN: cascaderailroad

I can download via FTP ... and FTP works perfectly fine

If the OP thinks he has problems now ... just wait till he is required to edit constant errors and faults, and fix hundreds of config files, and backdate hundreds of higher Trainz version dependent assets trainz-build numerals, so that they will run in TS10

Last edited:
It appears you don't see what I'm seeing here?

Okay then.....I will have to prove it to you.

I gonna ask some simple questions that should only require a simple to answer.

First off I'm registered, and my number is registered, I purchased a fct and it says it is active until Oct 16th. This means I should have access according to you guys?
So....

1st - Where is the link for me to use the ftp site on trainz, and how do I log into it?

To answer your questions:

1st question - yes (unless for some weird reason N3V haven't set your permissions right).
2nd question - don't bother trying to use a FTP client as the Restricted folder where the content is stored is hidden. You need to use the advice I gave in my previous post to get items individually.

Shane

Please....Please....stop insulting my intelligence if you’re not going to read this entire thread.

If you want to see what is happening, why doesn’t someone take a computer without the game on it, sign on to trainz, go to the download station, type in planes in description, click on the details for tigermoth 3, hit the ftp button, and tell me what you get?

As for patience, I program dmx lighting using midi through Ableton live software, I mix music in my studio, I am a farmer, and I love playing chess. My patience shortens when I’m being lied to, which the website did by telling me to purchase a ticket when I went to the restricted auran area instead of saying it was shut down. It also shortens when I paid for a service, don’t receive it, and don’t get my money back either.

Takes a lot of patience to create this route I’m creating as well, if I can I will post a few shots of it.

As for being online? I don’t like being corralled into doing something, like being forced to join sites like steam etc. in order to play a game you purchased in the store. If you have to download from there site, why are they selling a disc for you to load on your computer unless it has the software for them to have access to your computer? Why waste the money on making disc? I enjoy my privacy, what little is left of it.

I wasn’t on here to have judgement laid on me because I want to download 2 engine packages for my game, a helicopter, and a Tiger Moth 3 plane, and that was it. Just 2 packages was all I have been trying to obtain, nothing more.

So please stop recommending what I should be doing, I found my answer out, and that’s that. There is no open ftp site anymore. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back