Why is there not a website for free downloads for editions not supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HillbillyHobo

I am not a person who lives off the internet, I am an old fart who found this game on discount in the store and decided to load it on my computer which is not connected to the internet. My computer has xp running it, and the board I put in there I have found out does not support the new FX processors, so I am stuck with my AMD athlon 6 core. I am a farmer now, and although these new items and games seem very exciting, I do not have the money at the moment to be buying all new hardware and software to support new platforms.

On my game it seems there is a download station, which I have found out you can load planes and helicopters from a locomotive category. So I signed up to this website logged in my key numbers, and I now have a logo under my user name showing I have a 2010 editor edition.

All this time that I am trying to download from the ftp site to upload to my Xp computer, I am not being made aware that my game is no longer being supported. Instead I’m being told to purchase a first class ticket to gain access to the ftp site which did not work either.

It is only after contacting the website that I find out about the non support for 2010 and before.

So here I sit wondering why if those kuids are no longer being supported by this website, then why can’t we have a link to a site that gives us free downloads of those kuids for older versions?

If not could someone email me the packages for the euro helicopter and tiger moth 3 plane? This is all I am looking for for this game. Can someone help me out with this?

Because it costs money to maintain a website hosting that stuff. The Download Station contains hundreds (thousands even) of gigabytes of content on it that costs a lot of money to keep, not to mention the cost of all the users accessing it.

You will need to register your game in order to download anything, FCT or no FCT. With a registered game, you should be able to access the ftp site... which requires special software.

peter

I thought I explained myself fairly clear my brother? I did register my game , I have bought a first class ticket, and the headquarters for trainz has told me I cannot access anything at all with my 2010 version, for it is not supported by the site anymore.

I’m pretty sure I explained how I typed in my key numbers?

Sometime I feel like the responses I get are from an AI instead of a person, when it starts explains about how to use the site, after what I just wrote?

If no one can help me that is fine, it is no big deal guys.......it is what it is.

I don't see a logo under your usename, if you did register, don't have anyway of knowing that beyond the logo as I don't work for N3V. But that's neither here nor there...

An FCT should provide you access to the DLS regardless of the Trainz version you have.
Q: Can I still access the Download Station after the end-of-support date?
A: Access granted to you by the unsupported product may be terminated. If you have purchased access through other means (newer products, First Class Ticket, etc.) then your access will continue thanks to these products.

I went back and read the Life-Cycle Policy page... as I don't use an out-of-date product, I don't have the need to know the details beyond providing fellow members help. According to the FAQ, if you have an out-of-date product & FCT you will have to download the content you want from the Download Station website, and not the Content Manage software.

At the current time, we offer support for using an FCT with the DLS web site to manually download content. We do not offer support for using an FCT with Content Manager (or similar) in an unsupported product.

As for sending you content, from the DLS. That is something that is generally frowned down upon here, and in most cases illegal (depends on the license, by default it is)... you might find someone around that would be willing to however.

If you are registered, then your product should appear next to your username. Ensure you are logging into the forums here with exactly the same username you used to register your software. This is your as your My Trainz account that is also used to contact the DLS and keep track of all your purchases.

If you have done that, then I recommend contacting the helpdesk here regarding your registration issues. They will assist you with this regardless of the program version.

http://support.trainzportal.com/

RE the FCT:

Once you've got your registration straightened out, go into My Trainz and ensure your FCT has been activated. FCTs are not activated automatically.

Last edited:
This is the response I received.

Good AfternoonFrom the 1st of September 2014, we have ended support for Trainz Simulator 2010 and older (TS2010, TS2009, TC3, TC1/2, TRS2006, TRS2004, UTC (Trainz Ultimate Collection), Trainz 1.3) due to their age (4 years, and older - TS2010 is now 6 years old), and as such we no longer provide technical support for these editions, as well as support for any online function of these editions of Trainz software (including the download station).

As such, we will not be testing any changes/updates to the Download Station with unsupported editions of Trainz. However, it is still possible to download content from the download station via the DLS website, using the 'FTP' link in the 'download details' of the item on the Download Station website ( http://dls.trainzportal.com/index.php ). However, please keep in mind that the specific method you will need to use to access the DLS in future may also change. If you have not registered a supported edition of Trainz in your account, then you will also require a First Class Ticket to be able to access the download station in future, and to be able to use the search functions on the Download Station website.

Please see the following for further information on the Trainz Life-Cycle Policy: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php5/Trainz_Life-Cycle_Policy

I went to the the ftp site with the page that has 2 small windows for username and password, signed in both ways with my password and the long password it says to use, but neither worked, nothing happened when I hit enter.

The dls shows me the plane but only show me an active button to download with content manager. Written below is a kuid , followed by a sentence that says for ftp users, but there no hyperlink for it.

This seems to have stirred the pond a little, so I’m just gonna let it go my friend. Some things are just not worth the hassle. I bought the game, became a member, bought the first class ticket, but cannot seem to get 2 packages for all that effort. There is no need to beat a dead horse. Life is too short for them roads my friend. You have a great day.

Good AfternoonFrom the 1st of September 2014, we have ended support for Trainz Simulator 2010 and older (TS2010, TS2009, TC3, TC1/2, TRS2006, TRS2004, UTC (Trainz Ultimate Collection), Trainz 1.3) due to their age (4 years, and older - TS2010 is now 6 years old), and as such we no longer provide technical support for these editions, as well as support for any online function of these editions of Trainz software (including the download station).

As such, we will not be testing any changes/updates to the Download Station with unsupported editions of Trainz. However, it is still possible to download content from the download station via the DLS website, using the 'FTP' link in the 'download details' of the item on the Download Station website ( http://dls.trainzportal.com/index.php ). However, please keep in mind that the specific method you will need to use to access the DLS in future may also change. If you have not registered a supported edition of Trainz in your account, then you will also require a First Class Ticket to be able to access the download station in future, and to be able to use the search functions on the Download Station website.

Please see the following for further information on the Trainz Life-Cycle Policy: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php5/Trainz_Life-Cycle_Policy

I went to the the ftp site with the page that has 2 small windows for username and password, signed in both ways with my password and the long password it says to use, but neither worked, nothing happened when I hit enter.

The dls shows me the plane but only show me an active button to download with content manager. Written below is a kuid , followed by a sentence that says for ftp users, but there no hyperlink for it.

This seems to have stirred the pond a little, so I’m just gonna let it go my friend. Some things are just not worth the hassle. I bought the game, became a member, bought the first class ticket, but cannot seem to get 2 packages for all that effort. There is no need to beat a dead horse. Life is too short for them roads my friend. You have a great day.

Don't give up yet.

Send in a ticket regarding your registration and see what the answer is. That is at least worth a try.

I thought if you had a FCT you could still download into Content Manager whether or not you had a current product.

Ken

I thought if you had a FCT you could still download into Content Manager whether or not you had a current product.

Ken

Yes but only content at the version you have registered.

There are other web sites with content. jatws.org is one but I suspect most content is for TS12 or later. If your computer will run TS2010 then it should run TS12.

Cheerio John

Yes but only content at the version you have registered.

There are other web sites with content. jatws.org is one but I suspect most content is for TS12 or later. If your computer will run TS2010 then it should run TS12.

Cheerio John

John
I thought the OP was being told that he needed to download from the White Pages.

Ken

The FTP login info is a red herring, don't need it, pretty much not used as such now. Assuming you have activated the FCT and it's the same username you use for 2010 which should also be the same username you purchased it with and registered it with.
All you need to do on the web page is click download, then click the Big Blue Download FTP button, no need to use an ftp client or use passwords etc if you use the button. It will then download to your download folder from which you can import it to TS2010, that's File, Import Content if I'm remembering 2010 correctly. Drag an drop into the Content Manager Window may also work.

Wait a minute. In his first post he said his computer is not connected to the internet. How can he go to sites or download anything if that is the case? How is he even posting on this forum if he is not connected to the internet??

Wait a minute. In his first post he said his computer is not connected to the internet. How can he go to sites or download anything if that is the case? How is he even posting on this forum if he is not connected to the internet??

At first I thought that but realised that he could not have asked N3V or tried to download unless he had connected to the Internet therefore assumed he meant not normally connected.

Ken

Two computers by the look of it, thus the need to download by FTP on one and install the cdp's on the other one.

Note: An Athlon 6 Core should be more than capable of running Win7, got an Athlon 3 Core now in the spare parts pile that was running win10 albeit a bit slow even ran TANE on low settings no problems with 2010 or TS12

Okay guys here’s the layout.......

My XP Computer has the 2010 game on it, and it is no longer able to connect to internet.

I have connection through another computer, but that computer has the windows 10 platform and will not load the older game platform.

The connected computer is where I signed up and logged in my key numbers for membership and a FCT.

I have used ftp sites in the past to transfer songs to other musicians because of the wave files, so I would assume if I have given all the info that I could download from the ftp site to my online computer file like would the wave files.

Then put it on a memory stick and download it to the XP Computer.

Really guys we’re puttin’ too much butter on this piece of bread. :)

TRS2010 will run on Win10, just need to download DirectX 9C runtimes and install, they happily exist with the newer versions, download from Microsoft here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 just download then run the setup.

As I said you do not need the FTP login details clicking the FTP button will just download the item, probably need dependencies as well which will be listed, be a lot easier on your other PC though.

A note regarding Malc's link above regarding DX9C - be aware that it's a two stage process. Just doing the first part does not mean that the runtimes are installed - you have to go into the folder specified and run dxsetup to finish the job.

Shane

Okay guys here’s the layout.......

My XP Computer has the 2010 game on it, and it is no longer able to connect to internet.

I have connection through another computer, but that computer has the windows 10 platform and will not load the older game platform.

The connected computer is where I signed up and logged in my key numbers for membership and a FCT.

I have used ftp sites in the past to transfer songs to other musicians because of the wave files, so I would assume if I have given all the info that I could download from the ftp site to my online computer file like would the wave files.

Then put it on a memory stick and download it to the XP Computer.

Really guys we’re puttin’ too much butter on this piece of bread. :)

What happened when you tried to install it on the computer with Windows 10? I have Windows 10 and I installed 2010 on it and it worked just fine. The problem appears to be that the computer you have 2010 on is not connected to the internet. If you want to download stuff off the Download Station into 2010 it has to have an internet connection. If you download via ftp on the computer with Internet access, you can then put that onto the memory stick and install it onto the computer you have Trainz 2010 on. Keep in mind that you can only download stuff for anything Trainz 2010 and before. Also, I don't know where you live, but all my relatives live in the Appalachian Mountains in northeastern Tennessee and southern Virginia. I myself live at the southernmost end of the Blue Ridge Mountains, just outside the Chattahoochee National Forest, and I wouldn't live anywhere else other than the Appalachians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back