Multiple Industries New

sandpaper600

I'm using...or TRYING to use 2 of these asset tracks fairly close together (1 white grid block apart). I can't choose the second track to do anything with it because it keeps selecting the first track. I've tried zooming in so I can only see the track I want, tried zooming back, holding alt, control, or shift when I select, but nothing helps. I can't assign any products to a queue, nor can I move or delete the track because the first track seems to be stealing focus from the second.

Is there a secret to this, or is it just something I shouldn't be doing in the first place? I want to have 2 tracks so I can funnel tankers into one and boxcars into the other and handle multiple consists.

Anyone got any clues for me?

Right click on the first one and change the layer it is on (session or route) to a different one and exit. Now open the layer tab on the right and lock the layer you put the asset on. Select the other layer and now you can move the second one to set it up. Remember to unlock the layrt when you have finished.

The other simple way is to move the offender aside. Setup the other track . Now move the first back into place.
Cheers,
Mike

Since I put everything into the Route Layer, I added a Layer under Routes called Locked. This Layer is usually in the locked state. When I'm in your situation I select Properties on the "interfering item(s)" and, in the upper right, change their Layer to Locked. Then I can access other nearby objects.

Or I do what Mike suggested and just move one out of the way temporarily.

I've had a similar problem where the industry is under a building or roof. Same suggestion works there as well.

Rob

An old problem. Simple solution is to do what post #3 says. But there is way more than that. Seems like the size of the asset has something to do with it. If you have a large station asset, you can't access properties of any other asset near or inside of the station. I reality, what should happen is that if you can't, you should be able to look straight vertical on the object and be able to manipulate without affecting the larger one. That would be common sense.

Place them on the layout 5 blocks/squares apart from each other.

Click the ? - set up your products/commodities as you like them

Move the multi-industry to where you want it on your layout

Connect your track

It is ok to move them after you've set them up :)

Thanks for the input everyone. You guys never let me down! It's great to know that I can always come here for answers!

I had moved the one asset aside and then back, but it gets to be a pain after that particular part of the layout is complete and you want to edit the queues. It also never fails that some junction will be unhappy (red) after I return the track to its former position, so there's more fiddling.

I like ecco's suggestion. I am ashamed to say that of all the times I have looked at the properties of assets, the thought of simply moving them to another layer and then turning that layer off had never occurred to me. This would also solve a problem that was alluded to by MountE about having a MIN track under a building. Previously, I was always raising the building up and making the change, then lowering the building.

Man! Sometimes it's tough being dumb! :)

Thanks again everyone. I think I can call this one solved.

SP600

Back