Clock busted

Rik81

I set up a little test session in my cloned KSC2 expanded route. Added the START UP rule, and set it the way I like, including clock to 8:30. Ran DRIVER, clock ran but from 10! Returned to Surveyor, still showed as 8:30. Anyone confirm? This is build 95191.

I always put my START UP rule at the top of the list. Going directly to DRIVE session also shows 10.

Last edited:
Are you using QuickDrive (the icon at the top in Surveyor) or saving, exiting, then going into Driver from the Routes screen?

Shane

YES and YES

Are you using QuickDrive (the icon at the top in Surveyor) or saving, exiting, then going into Driver from the Routes screen?

Shane

Yes, going into DRIVE from Surveyor. However, I also did it the other way, from the VIEW SESSIONS then hit DRIVE SESSION. In both cases the time rolls from 10, and in Surveyor it shows as 8:30.

Not sure what the HUD rule would have to do with anything, but guess I can stick it in and see.

I gather that none of you have problems changing start time for a session in surveyor and it not be correct in driver?

BTW, a session I made in build 96000 has no such problem.

Rik81 - try setting the time in Session Edit mode and then save the changes made:
(Step by Step)
1. Open the session you wish to drive in Surveyor Edit Session mode.
2. Go to Edit Session Rules (top left menu icon)
3. Select the QuickDrive Rule and then click on the Edit command button at the bottom left.
4. Change the first underscored time value (Hour) to 8
5. Click on the second underscored time value to change the minutes to 30. (The text entry option should now read: 'Set time to 8:30 with a rate of 1x')
6. Click the tick at the bottom right to exit and save this change.
7. In the next dialog box, click the tick at the bottom to save the Session Driver Commands Options changes (again).
8. Save the session before exiting to Surveyor.

I did this with one of my sessions in Build 96191 and set the time to 6:00am and watched the sun rise through the trees and cast long crepuscular rays through the mist. Looked absolutely brilliant! :cool:
Good luck with your Quest!

Last edited:
VELLY INTERESTING! (to borrow a phrase from a 60's TV show if any of you are old enough to remember it). Well setting the time using the QUICK DRIVE rule worked. So, it is apparently the STARTUP OPTIONS rule that is not working in build 96191, whereas it did in 96000. It became interesting from my standpoint in that my standard procedure for creating sessions is to FIRST, delete the QUICK DRIVE rule, and that 2nd rule that goes along with it, and add the START UP rule. Because, what I do is create AI ONLY sessions, that people can sit back and watch x number of consists do their thing. I have no need of the QD rule! In fact, this is the FIRST TIME that I even knew that the QD rule provided all the same options as the START UP plus more!.

To N3V do you want a bug report on the START UP rule? As I said, it worked correctly in build 96000. (Learn something every day, and I've been here since day one of TRAINZ!
On second thought - NO BUG. In the session causing my time problem I HAD NOT deleted the QUICK DRIVE rule. Even though the START UP rule was in first position, the QD apparently took precedents. Since I didn't know (till today) that QD did all that . . ..

Last edited:
If both rules (STARTUP OPTIONS and QUICKDRIVE) are present in the session, both want to set the time, but only one could succeed.

Peter

Back