ag front engine faulty in tane

hello to all:

I have download an steam engine avgn class ag from ben neals web site. I got this faulty dependency kuid96914:50167:3 dependency name is ag front engine .

- <kuid2:96914:50167:3> VE165: Texture 'digit_0.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'lod2.im', material '*lod2*3FD6B76C*digit1*m.onetex'.
- <kuid2:96914:50167:3> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'digit_0.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-DD||kuid2 96914 50167 3.tzarc|'

hope someone can shed some light on this.

switchmen37

The wiki helps for some stuff here.

I would open the asset for edit in Explorer and check the alpha numbers to see if in fact the the digit_0.tga as well as the alpha-version exist.

If they do:

Copy another texture.txt file from another number.

Rename it to digit_0.texture.txt
Edit the file and replace the primary and alpha with digit_0.tga and the alpha version with what ever the alpha-version is for the digit_0.

Once edited
Save, close the .texture.txt file.
Close the folder.
Submit the asset.

If there are any errors, recheck your work.

Hint: After you fix something like this, I highly recommend saving these files to a separate folder like a scrap box. I actually have a scrap-parts folder on my system that's used for this purpose. In there are coronas, metallic-chrome, black.tga, etc. along with their related texture.txt files. This saves a lot of time when you have to replace a missing texture of the same name.

Yeah I just make a renamed flat black texture to solve those. Does the trick. I am not sure how many situations that would work in though. Most I have encountered the texture in question doesn't seem to appear on the outside of the loco as a main feature of it. I too keep a folder with texture files, etc, in it so I can just quickly fix these small errors. It's really handy.

Yeah I just make a renamed flat black texture to solve those. Does the trick. I am not sure how many situations that would work in though. Most I have encountered the texture in question doesn't seem to appear on the outside of the loco as a main feature of it. I too keep a folder with texture files, etc, in it so I can just quickly fix these small errors. It's really handy.

Yup I've done that too with small texture files. The folder works out really handy and it reminds me of a scrap box that we'd have around the layout as we build and dig through as we look for those little bits and pieces. Sounds too are in mine for such things as crossing bells, and common stuff.

I've got some utilities too handy that I use all the time as well:

AssetX
PEV's Images2TGA (Even modified the sample batch to work with my various installs including TRS2019)
PEVS PM2IM
MeshViewer
and Quick Shadows, though that's now obsolete in T:ANE and up.

Then there's UtraEdit or Context, though if I'm lazy I'll just use Notepad for config.txt files, etc.
Search and Replace Master for when there's a gazillion assets by the same author with the same error such as description spelled desicrption. lol
Paint.net for resizing images.
File Boss for bulk copy and paste - great for when screenshot.jpg is missing from 200 assets by the same author.
Audacity for fixing sounds.

This folder called Trainz Utilities is a collection of shortcuts to these programs and works like an old toolbox.

Back