Curious about walls

Forester1

There have been a lot of great model railroads built in TRAINZ and I have seen the screenshots and the videos and downloaded several myself. The one universal characteristic of just about all of these routes is the red brick walls. I am wondering if there are any variations on this theme? Concrete bricks? Concrete walls? Sandstone bricks? Wood paneling? Knotty Pine? Maybe basement windows? :O) Maybe none of that renders well, and obviously the real creative effort is on the layouts themselves, but it is just a curiosity of mine....

Not near my game pc right now, but if you search for “huge” you should find 3 different walls made by me; one being the red wall you see most of the time. I think the other are grey and plaster.

Yeah -- there are a number of alternatives. There are also pictures for hanging on the walls, desks, chairs, cupboards, ... .

Dunno why people, even I, seem to like the brick wall best of all. But I remember one comment along the lines "It's a bit disconcerting finding what is obviously a real railroad running in someone's basement."

Ha! yes, it seems like full scale with walls, but it really is a chance to try that model railroad you never had the real basement space for.....

The MRR: HO series of walls are my favorite. They come in blue, white, and sand plaster and looks really fitting for a model railroad. There's a ton of other MRR: HO assets as well, such as shelves, cupboards, chairs, desks, and a cat, as others have mentioned.

I really like the looks of the "huge" walls and I can see them in DLS, but always get an error trying to download them. I am running TS2010. Any help appreciated. Error is red text at bottom of CM screen "Unable to download "xxxxx". Couldn't obtain a download URL. Item cannot be found on the Download station"

I really like the looks of the "huge" walls and I can see them in DLS, but always get an error trying to download them. I am running TS2010. Any help appreciated. Error is red text at bottom of CM screen "Unable to download "xxxxx". Couldn't obtain a download URL. Item cannot be found on the Download station"

You may want to try logging out of TMR exiting, then logging back in again. There's something up with the server and that fixed the problem for my yesterday.

Thanks for the reply! The logout/reboot/login did not help, but I found the FTP downloads to work fine. The objects were then faulty, but just because of Trainz-build number. The old error "This asset has a trainz-build number which is not recognised by this tool". So I got brave and edited the text files to change the number from 4.3 to 3.1 and re-commit the objects, and now the three wall splines I want to use all work great! Thanks so much for creating them!

Back