Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious about walls

Default Curious about walls

There have been a lot of great model railroads built in TRAINZ and I have seen the screenshots and the videos and downloaded several myself. The one universal characteristic of just about all of these routes is the red brick walls. I am wondering if there are any variations on this theme? Concrete bricks? Concrete walls? Sandstone bricks? Wood paneling? Knotty Pine? Maybe basement windows? :O) Maybe none of that renders well, and obviously the real creative effort is on the layouts themselves, but it is just a curiosity of mine....
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” ― R.L.S.

Not near my game pc right now, but if you search for “huge” you should find 3 different walls made by me; one being the red wall you see most of the time. I think the other are grey and plaster.

Stone block walls by itareus- look for C+MR assets.

Ray
    Dukes Denver Designs (Ray Whiley - Textures and 3d Virtual Models for TRAINZ).
    Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works

Thanks Ray and Oknotson. Nice to know there are alternatives!
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” ― R.L.S.

Yeah -- there are a number of alternatives. There are also pictures for hanging on the walls, desks, chairs, cupboards, ... .

Dunno why people, even I, seem to like the brick wall best of all. But I remember one comment along the lines "It's a bit disconcerting finding what is obviously a real railroad running in someone's basement."

Ha! yes, it seems like full scale with walls, but it really is a chance to try that model railroad you never had the real basement space for.....

There are also pictures for hanging on the walls, desks, chairs, cupboards, ... .
    … and coffee or tea mugs - full, half full and empty; also fictitious books and magazines.

Ray

I also recall people. And a cat?

The MRR: HO series of walls are my favorite. They come in blue, white, and sand plaster and looks really fitting for a model railroad. There's a ton of other MRR: HO assets as well, such as shelves, cupboards, chairs, desks, and a cat, as others have mentioned.

This link is to thread worth a re-read..

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...odel-Railroadz

Plenty of info in there for Modelz assets
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

I also recall people
    There is one person in two poses by itareus - look for C+ MR for his creations. I always use his "operator" to help set the scene.

Ray

I really like the looks of the "huge" walls and I can see them in DLS, but always get an error trying to download them. I am running TS2010. Any help appreciated. Error is red text at bottom of CM screen "Unable to download "xxxxx". Couldn't obtain a download URL. Item cannot be found on the Download station"

..do any of those “yuge” walls keep out Mexicans?
    T:ANE SP3 build 94829 and TRS2019 build 100240
    Win 10, i7 5820K, 3.3 GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti, 2x512GB SSD

You leave those poor Vics alone!!
    Cheers, Dom.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    I really like the looks of the "huge" walls and I can see them in DLS, but always get an error trying to download them. I am running TS2010. Any help appreciated. Error is red text at bottom of CM screen "Unable to download "xxxxx". Couldn't obtain a download URL. Item cannot be found on the Download station"
    You may want to try logging out of TMR exiting, then logging back in again. There's something up with the server and that fixed the problem for my yesterday.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592