Turn off Junction labels and directions

Forester1

Hopefully not too off-topic, but I thought I would try my hand at screenshots in Driver sessions, but the first thing I ran into was getting a great shot arranged and composed, just to notice it was full of junction labels and red and green arrows. I looked in the main menu settings but could not find anything to turn those on or off. Then I looked in the additional tools, but still no luck. I see a lot of great screenshots without these things so there must be a setting. I have T:ANE SP3. As I think about it, I think most of my driver session experiences have had those things turned on, so this is the first time I have tried to turn them off. Can someone tell me where that setting is please? Thanks!

CTRL+H will turn off the junction labels in driver.

Be warned though: They reappear briefly when an AI driver changes them.

The Ctrl-H key is your friend.

As soon as Driver starts press Ctrl-H to remove those pesky red/green arrows.

For a more permanent solution, in Surveyor open the Session Editor, select and edit the Quick Drive rule and uncheck the box that says "Enable in game help by default".

To hide all the commands and the HUD while taking a screenshot press F5, when screenshot is taken press F5 again and the commands all come back.

In earlier versions I also used to pause the program but that's no good now because you get a bloody great big "paused" in the middle of the screen.

Cheers,
Bill69

Or you can go to the top right of screen, select the spanner (additional tools), and click on 'hide junction overlays' and anything else you want to turn off. (Or on as the case may be).

Thanks for the tips Alikiwi, I will try some of those. Yes, the pause is annoying for this purpose, so I pretty much have to stop the train, or have the perfect angle selected and hit it at the perfect time....

Not sure about the issue with "Pause" that is mentioned? I always pause the game to set up my shots and when I "take the picture" (using the filmstrip icon in the top right corner), the resulting shot never has the word "pause" in it, or any of the other controls or displays.

This is how the screen looks when I set up the shot....
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

and this is the resulting image....
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers,
Piere.

To hide all the commands and the HUD while taking a screenshot press F5, when screenshot is taken press F5 again and the commands all come back.

In earlier versions I also used to pause the program but that's no good now because you get a bloody great big "paused" in the middle of the screen.

Cheers,
Bill69

Bill, I've noticed that if you press the F5 key first to hide all commands and the HUD, you can then press the P=Pause which might show for a split second, but disappears,.. enabling you to take whatever screenshots you want. Pause can be pressed again to release, but to move around the route F5 needs to be also pressed.

Cheers,
Roy

Not sure about the issue with "Pause" that is mentioned? I always pause the game to set up my shots and when I "take the picture" (using the filmstrip icon in the top right corner), the resulting shot never has the word "pause" in it, or any of the other controls or displays.

Cheers,
Piere.

You're absolutely right. I discovered this quite by accident when I was trying to take a screenshot of the menu!

Hi Piere & Roy3b3,

Thanks for the heads up on these ways, never tried them before.

Richarde57, sometimes the smoke from a steam engine can be mucked up using the "print screen" button.

Cheers,
Bill69

Last edited:
Back