NSWGR BSV Sheep Wagon won't load sheep

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
A tad frustrating and ignoring the 1910 period I'm recreating, but there are only two sheep wagons available (for TANE). [NSW region so, purely Australian] The LARS Sheep wagon doesn't load at all, and isn't interactive I believe, but the BSV Sheep Wagon (from Cardiff Workshops) should. However it will only accept "Sheep CWS" whatever they are which is not what the stockyard holds. It holds merino sheep naturally. If I go into properties for the BSV wagon the list of other products is blank, unlike the cattle wagon which has about 5 choices. Anyone know how to fix this? I've already had advice that allowed me to fix a CPH Railmotor with an abnormally low maximum speed. Thanks in advance guys.

If I go into properties for the BSV wagon the list of other products is blank, unlike the cattle wagon which has about 5 choices.

I just downloaded and tested the NSWGR BSV Sheep Wagon <kuid2:60726:1012:1> and can confirm that when you click the large "+" sign next to a load icon in the properties window, the list of all available products that should appear is blank. This was a problem a few years back in TS12 (I believe) with some assets but I thought that it was resolved.

NSWGR BSV Sheep Wagon seems to load sheep CWS 60723:1014 fine for me. Which sheep are you trying to load?

Thanks John

The way to fix it is to use the same product on the wagon and the loading dock. Either add the loading dock sheep product kuid to the ones on the wagon or add CWS sheep to the loading dock. I'd probably go the first route.

it the wagon config.txt file at line 149 is:

allowed-products
{
0 <kuid:60723:1014>
}

add a line that says 1 with the other kuid number beneath it.

Cheerio John

Thanks guys! I was thinking that's a lot of reading and I'd probably figure it out after a couple of stumbles, but John's reply short cuts the process heaps. Much appreciated.

Well sadly that didn't work. Comparing to other rolling stock doesn't help, some don't even list products. Also on trying for a second time, I see the creator (David) forbids any alterations, but adding or replacing the original item with "sheep merinos 01 load <kuid2:68213:60041:1>" didn't work. Always the list of products is totally blank. I might have to try for a different "stockyard_sheep" - no, there is only one! Will try stockyard 2 which uses sheep or cattle and see what happens.

What is the kuid of the stock yard? Does it have visible sheep that load into the wagons?

Take a look at Middleton for laptops that has a sheep pen that loads visible sheep into wagons, it might give you a clue.

Thanks John

Remember that if you make changes to the queues, you might have to delete and replace the car before it picks up the changes.

I used this wagon in TS10 and just added the merino kuid to the allowed products and the kuid list.
The blank screen usually means you have a faulty product on your machine.
Cheers,
Mike

I used this wagon in TS10 and just added the merino kuid to the allowed products and the kuid list.
The blank screen usually means you have a faulty product on your machine.
Cheers,
Mike

Or since trainz uses the product queue that was in place when the wagon was placed on the track you haven't put a new wagon on the track since updating the wagon.

Cheerio John

only accept "Sheep CWS" whatever they are

The *CWS* at the end of the word Sheep means *Cardiff Work Shops*, and has nothing to do with the type of Sheep, it's pretty much standard sheep but it was made by Cardiff Workshops, when you get creators who build their own loads with same names you end up with this in surveyor

sheep
sheep
sheep
Sheep
Sheep

and it's time consuming to add to queue the sheep you want to use, also people set different weights, so by putting at the end CWS in the username it makes it easier to find in the listing and add to stock yard queues

so in this case it looks like this

sheep
sheep
sheep
Sheep CWS
Sheep

Cheers.

Back