Ballast Tamper

Thanks for sharing those videos. It's nice to see a different part of the world.

Have you thought of posting your question on the response portion of the UTube site?

Thanks for sharing those videos. It's nice to see a different part of the world.

Have you thought of posting your question on the response portion of the UTube site?

That's alright about sharing the videos.

Yes I left a comment and emailed the person but no response, translating comments on the YouTube video reads it's not shared publicly.

Thanks to Bradley's prodding I've taken another look at tampers in trainz. While these do not include the one he has asked about there are quite a few.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

BTW the <kuid:237211:15086> VTC 08 475 UNIMAT 4S and <kuid:237211:15081> VTC ASP 400.1 by jojtikj are the most animated and if your track needs tamping I recommend using these.

:hehe:

Last edited:
Thanks to Bradley's prodding I've taken another look at tampers in trainz. While these do not include the one he has asked about there are quite a few.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

BTW the <kuid:237211:15086> VTC 08 475 UNIMAT 4S and <kuid:237211:15081> VTC ASP 400.1 by jojtikj are the most animated and if your track needs tamping I recommend using these.

:hehe:

Thanks for sharing normhart, great to see them.

Hi, i recently contact the Harsco creator in Facebook. He said the Harsco is a freeware add on. I'll keep informing it to you.

I only see Harsco.cdp. What's the other file?
Also, I'm missing two dependencies for [S86] - MTT Harsco Mark IV:
<kuid:58969:1106>
<kuid:109132:23038802>
I'm also missing two dependencies for [S86] - Bogie MTT Harsco:
<kuid:708493:100072>
<kuid:-2:101817>
Searching using trainzkuidindex resulted in nothing.

Jordan412, I also only see one file, but since you are asking about bogies, does that mean it contained both? I haven't tried to install yet....

I only see Harsco.cdp. What's the other file?
Also, I'm missing two dependencies for [S86] - MTT Harsco Mark IV:
I'm also missing two dependencies for [S86] - Bogie MTT Harsco:
Searching using trainzkuidindex resulted in nothing.

Both assets are contained in the single cdp.

For the bogie you can simply delete the section of the config.txt that contains the references to those kuids and remove them from the kuid table.

For the Mark IV you need to replace the engine sound with any other engine sound you like and replace the horn sound with any horn sound you like. I was also missing the interior and I just deleted it in the config.txt

I used the sounds from msgsapper's tamper.

Last edited:
Both assets are contained in the single cdp.

For the bogie you can simply delete the section of the config.txt that contains the references to those kuids and remove them from the kuid table.

For the Mark IV you need to replace the engine sound with any other engine sound you like and replace the horn sound with any horn sound you like. I was also missing the interior and I just deleted it in the config.txt

I used the sounds from msgsapper's tamper.

I've installed the CDP and have done what is written above and got it working however the cab interior that I put on it is always laying on the track when in cab view, I've had other assets do this as well and I don't know why. Does anyone know if you can fix this?

I've installed the CDP and have done what is written above and got it working however the cab interior that I put on it is always laying on the track when in cab view, I've had other assets do this as well and I don't know why. Does anyone know if you can fix this?

Use invisible cab for cab interior (it is default in the original Harsco)
I'm sorry forget to explain :
Once the cdp file is installed, it will be two cdp files as i mentioned before.
Missing dependencies for MTT Harsco Mark IV are engine sound and interior cab, meanwhile for bogey both are track/bogey sound.
For interior you can replace it with invisible cab, for engine sound and track/bogey sound you can replace them with sounds of your choice.
Hope it works
asmile.gif

Last edited:
Use invisible cab for cab interior (it is default in the original Harsco)
I'm sorry forget to explain :
Once the cdp file is installed, it will be two cdp files as i mentioned before.
Missing dependencies for MTT Harsco Mark IV are engine sound and interior cab, meanwhile for bogey both are track/bogey sound.
For interior you can replace it with invisible cab, for engine sound and track/bogey sound you can replace them with sounds of your choice.
Hope it works
asmile.gif

Oh ok yep that makes sense thanks.
Bit of a pity as I drive in the cab mode so obviously won't be able to with this machine.
One other thing can this machine tamp in Trainz?

Nope, this is strictly eye candy. No animation so far as I can tell.

Contents of Harsco.cdp
<kuid:708493:100084> [S86] - MTT Harsco Mark IV
<kuid:708493:100083> [S86] - Bogie MTT Harsco

The Mark IV depends on these assets not on the DLS

From the config.txt
Code:
hornsound                               <kuid:109132:23038802>
interior                                <kuid:58969:1106>

I replaced them with the assets used by msgsapper's tamper
<kuid:104722:54066> Class 66 Horn Sound
<kuid:-25:1173> class43 interior
in both the lines above and in the kuid table in the config.txt

The bogie depends on these assets which are not on the DLS

They are in the config.txt
Code:
track-sound
{
  track-sound-element0
  {
    track-sound                         <kuid:-2:101817>
    priority                            0
    bogey                               <kuid:708493:100072>
  }
}

After comparison with several other bogies I decided that I could live without this effect and deleted the entire section and removed the references to the assets from the kuid table.

This tamper is very nice eye candy and I'm quite happy to have her. Thanks again to itok99 and especially to Annanditya Krishna for creating and sharing this work.

Back