Get height tool not working.

euromodeller

Imagineer
Just after SP3 was released there were a few annoyances that made me uncomfortable with continuing the development of my routes/model layouts.

Rulers flying off into the distance, useless when setting out a model layout.

Unwanted textures appearing at untextured baseboard edges, I was told by N3V that this was a feature and will remain, but there is a workround for it, but the unwanted textures remained.

So, I diverted into learning reskinning for my own use awaiting SP3 HF2 to see if things might improve.
I have since released some of the reskinned items on the DLS and so I thought I'd better finish the routes they were made for.

Now I have a new problem, the Topology-Get height tool does not work in SP3, build 94916.

Get-height-tool-not-working.jpg

I am old and can forget things, but I am sure that I used to put the mouse pointer in a place to check groung height and left clicked that the value showed in the display box.
I have discovered that if I right click the mouse and scroll around, the height value changes in the display box but that's useless to get an accurate pinpoint height !.

Is it me that's faulty or the software?:hehe:

I concur with the above re: get height tool seems to be not working in T:ANE build 94916 - SP3.

Rob.

Works fine for me, and has always been right click as far back as I can remember.

For pinpoint accuracy, I position my camera to looking straight down - much easier to get an exact location.

I've just checked on my other PC, same issue.
Right clicking on the Get height tool makes the camera move around.
Left clicking gets no response.

I am using SP3 as well. The Get Height tool works as it did in previous versions. Use the mouse to activate the Get Height button, then use the RIGHT-click to move the compass around. Every time you click, the height box will show the result. Of course, on a zero-height route, the box remains zero. Activating the Get height tool and using the LEFT mouse won't give you height information.

Bill

Back