Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Weekly News

Default Trainz Weekly News

I use to look forward to the Trainz weekly news in my in-box but since the new format was introduced a few months ago the news seems to have diminished while the advertising has increased to the extent that todays news seemed more akin to a flyer for TRS19 than what is possibly happening in the N3V world of Trainz. While I appreciate everyone is busy with the likes of TRS19 final release and T:ANE SP3 HF1 etc. neither of which got a mention in this weeks news, even the competition winners seemed to have been replaced by TRS19 Beta screenshots, although full credit to those who took them they look great. Therefore may I suggest that if we are going to have weekly news it does at least contain some news or should the efforts involved in putting the page together be channelled towards bringing the release of TRS19 or perhaps T:ANE SP3 HF1 forward. Peter

I agree, it seems that way to me.

TANE/TS12 etc are still popular amongst the members, we deserve some news and coverage!

As for screenshots, well I can understand them not showing the old version screenshots from a commercial point of view, but not from the community point of view.

More like an advertising flyer than a newsletter.
    Last edited by euromodeller; September 14th, 2018 at 04:07 AM.
    Graham, EM Modelz

Blog Entries

It is possible that it will all "die down" and return to (near) normal after the Q4 release of TRS19, but I would expect it to "ramp up" before then.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

More commercial propaganda.... TV has increased, here in the USA, the amount of advertising time as literally tens of adverts hit is every 10 to to 15 minutes. To have similar propaganda also replace actual information in the hobby arena is discouraging.
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1050 4gb video card

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    More commercial propaganda.... TV has increased, here in the USA, the amount of advertising time as literally tens of adverts hit is every 10 to to 15 minutes. To have similar propaganda also replace actual information in the hobby arena is discouraging.
    Yeah, and there are some ads that take up an entire ad segment! I wonder how many millions it takes to keep that going...
    Now waiting for TRS19 to go on sale. I use USD values for money. Also volunteer on the Colebrookdale Railroad.

Indeed. I subscribe to Sky Sports for example and am forced to endure commercials at half-time which cuts short expert's period. Cricket suffers from many ads. Try recording a 5-day Test Match!

Thanks for opportunity to rant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS View Post
    Yeah, and there are some ads that take up an entire ad segment! I wonder how many millions it takes to keep that going...
    Whatever the cost, it is added to the price of the products being advertised.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ess1 View Post
    Indeed. I subscribe to Sky Sports for example and am forced to endure commercials at half-time which cuts short expert's period. Cricket suffers from many ads. Try recording a 5-day Test Match!

Thanks for opportunity to rant
    Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    Whatever the cost, it is added to the price of the products being advertised.
    I thank my lucky stars that here in the UK we have the BBC - British Broadcasting Corporation; no ads and top quality, world leading content!

Sorry, somewhat off topic. I agree with the OP, the Trainz Newsletter is no news!

Rob.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I agree the newsletter has been a bit thin on content and more about promotion. Hopefully things will get better soon(tm), and return to regular programming.

Advertisements... I used to work in the printing and graphics industry and typeset ads for various companies including As Seen on TV for the likes of DD7, the Ginshu Knife set, Tripledge Wipers, and so on. All really annoying stuff because the copy was always in a rush to get out the door. I would typeset the ads, my brother would paste them up then shoot the films for the newspapers, magazines, and printers.

Print ads are bad enough, but I truly hate those on the TV. I don't watch much of it, but I've noticed they've become louder and louder, and come blasting out at full volume while the program its self is so soft the volume has to be turned up. During the course of an hour show, I spend most of the time adjust the volume knob.

Advertising is not new. If you look through historic publications, there are advertisements and promotions in there for various companies at the time with some quite amusing to read. What's interesting is the idea of product sponsorship and testimonials as we see today occurred in the early part of the 19th-century. I've seen advertisements from Erard and Broadwood piano companies with testimonials written for them by Liszt and Beethoven respectively. Maezel did the same with his famous metronome and had testimonials written by Beethoven received the earliest one, Chopin, Czerny, Mendelssohn, and others.

Whether we like the advertisements or not, they do their purpose and bring in customers and more revenue to the companies that produce them.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

The newsletter contains hardly any news ever. I wonder why I'm still subscribed.

It is a very short newsletter. I will agree with that. But they are making like no progress so yeah, how long could it possibly be?
    Last edited by MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS; September 14th, 2018 at 06:53 PM.
    Now waiting for TRS19 to go on sale. I use USD values for money. Also volunteer on the Colebrookdale Railroad.

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    I agree the newsletter has been a bit thin on content and more about promotion. Hopefully things will get better soon(tm), and return to regular programming.

Advertisements... I used to work in the printing and graphics industry and typeset ads for various companies including As Seen on TV for the likes of DD7, the Ginshu Knife set, Tripledge Wipers, and so on. All really annoying stuff because the copy was always in a rush to get out the door. I would typeset the ads, my brother would paste them up then shoot the films for the newspapers, magazines, and printers.

Print ads are bad enough, but I truly hate those on the TV. I don't watch much of it, but I've noticed they've become louder and louder, and come blasting out at full volume while the program its self is so soft the volume has to be turned up. During the course of an hour show, I spend most of the time adjust the volume knob.

Advertising is not new. If you look through historic publications, there are advertisements and promotions in there for various companies at the time with some quite amusing to read. What's interesting is the idea of product sponsorship and testimonials as we see today occurred in the early part of the 19th-century. I've seen advertisements from Erard and Broadwood piano companies with testimonials written for them by Liszt and Beethoven respectively. Maezel did the same with his famous metronome and had testimonials written by Beethoven received the earliest one, Chopin, Czerny, Mendelssohn, and others.

Whether we like the advertisements or not, they do their purpose and bring in customers and more revenue to the companies that produce them.
    The mute button is your friend
    Chuck

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    The mute button is your friend
    Definitely. Then I doze off during and ad and forget to turn on the sound again when the program comes on.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

United States of America, Arkansas, Jonesboro

I rarely watch TV because of the asinine commercials. It's become clear that most of them are geared to the young and black watchers, from the amount of loud bassy and rap music that so many advertisers seem to think is "cool." I enjoy public television and Turner Classic Movies and Netflix. You guys in the UK are lucky not to have to endure this advertising garbage. My favorite BBC drama is "Call the Midwife." Just about the best show I've seen in a long long time.

Now as to the Trainz news, I was under the impression that as a Gold surscriber, I'd be getting FREE assets every month. Today I went to the site and lo and behold, if I want Gold Club stuff, I still gotta PAY for it. Bummer. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the offer.
    United States Air Force Veteran

While on the topic of TV commercials... I have to agree that ads are just getting more and more and more and more annoying. Like car advertisements,the "New" cars are just getting uglier and uglier then ever before,making the cars harder to look at,and the ads are all "Brag,brag,brag" and "Bash the other car company's" which makes them hard to hear and look at,while some car ads in car magazines can be funny (Like the ad for the 2019 Honda insight hybrid,with the "Mehmobile" in it?),but the TV ones are terrible.

And in my opinion,Hyundai is notorious for making ugly cars (Mainly the 2018 and the 2019 ones.) and having very "Brag,brag,brag" and "Bash all of the other car company's in this ad" advertisements. Most of the 2019 ones remind me of some kind of fish,while the 2019 kona (I think it's called that.) is just... unexplainable in it's appearance. And it has a bad appearance in my opinion.

Anyways,back on topic... N3V obviously wants you to buy TRS2019... and a new PC to run it! (Or GPU.) That is probably why it's mostly TRS2019 ads in N3V's "News settler"... I hope on getting a new PC soon,a quad or 6 core CPU in the 3 GHZ range,a NVIDIA GTX 10-xx series GPU,and at least a 500 watt PSU.

Old 2 GHZ range dual cores don't run T:ANE very well on high settings and a lower end NVIDIA GPU doesn't help either.
    Trial and error. That is the best way to learn for the most part.