turnout control in TANE

hello I am running Tane and GCR V14 sessions , but in Nottingham Victoria station there is one or two turnout that keep not switching to the route out in AI in driver setup in session.
I have used in the past in previous trainz a Junction controller which you could link to points to turn each or in pairs together to match the route you wanted .
Any ideas

Before installing something like Junction Controller v3 <kuid:439337:100957> it might be wise first to determine why the turnouts are not switching.

Could they be, for example, already under the control of another AI train? Or locked against AI control?

No when I select the drive to or similar instructs in the menu ,the loco starts to undertake the move but when approaches the turn out it goes the wrong road which in this case is a storage siding?

Dear Colleagues.

Please specify which consists and which junctions are misbehaving, It is highly possible that with all the recent changes, I have made errors in the Set Path commands. Old age brings about many interesting problems!!

Kindest regards,

Peter.

hello Peter , its nothing to do with your session , I have added to the session Nottingham to the north which I have installed loco reversing bays from the south tunnel entrance so trains coming into the southern bays can be driven out by a waiting loco in this bay to reverse on the rear of the train and drive this out on a regular service and the original loco can reverse into the bay ready for the next train that enters the bays and so the process goes on . the point I have installed for this bay is the one that playing up always facing the bay in AI. cheers George

Can you manually drive the train through the junction and onward?

A broken track either due to a bad joint, or one at a fixed-track asset, and also direction markers facing the wrong direction is usually the cause of something like this. The AI will do what they can, if they can, to get around the obstacle including taking the wrong track and getting stuck elsewhere. I had an AI driver trundle off down a less than great condition branch to get around a faulty connection at a level crossing.

After the AI kept doing this, I sat in the cab and did some manual driving and AI controlled driving. The AI kept ignoring the track mark I set as a destination. I then exited the cab and drove manually from outside the cab. It was then that I saw a white joint at the level crossing and no gates going down.

Back