ATTENTION NORFOLKSOUTHERN37

Travlar

I tried sending an email via support at jointedrail.com but I guess that has changed to a ticket system.

I tried to PM you, but it states that your message quota has been exceeded.

I wanted to ask if you have any plans on adding a startup and shutdown sequence for your locomotives? Several years ago I did a proof of concept and I'll PM you the link to the video if you would like. I would like to see something like this on the JR locomotives as I believe it adds to the experience.

-=Travlar=-

I wanted to ask if you have any plans on adding a startup and shutdown sequence for your locomotives? Several years ago I did a proof of concept and I'll PM you the link to the video if you would like. I would like to see something like this on the JR locomotives as I believe it adds to the experience.
I'm not Justin but I can point out that we've done startup / shutdown on previous JR locomotives, namely the Reading & Northern equipment released several years ago. We stopped implementing it because of how jet/e2 handles doppler shifting sounds- namely, you'd have an engine approaching and the engine idle sound would play quicker, but there would be a gap between loops equal to the difference in static vs moving audio lengths.

All locomotives we release nowadays still have queues for fuel and sand should we choose to revisit the concept in the future.

I'm not Justin but I can point out that we've done startup / shutdown on previous JR locomotives, namely the Reading & Northern equipment released several years ago. We stopped implementing it because of how jet/e2 handles doppler shifting sounds- namely, you'd have an engine approaching and the engine idle sound would play quicker, but there would be a gap between loops equal to the difference in static vs moving audio lengths.

All locomotives we release nowadays still have queues for fuel and sand should we choose to revisit the concept in the future.

Thank you very much for the answer. It's nice to know there is a reason behind not having it implemented. Appreciate it and thank you for the quality work you all do there at JointedRail.

Back