Missing content

rwk

What do I do if sites go belly up and I'm missing objects for a route from those sites? Can I replace the kuid's in the config with something else? For example, some of the items are a dirt road by gfisher that was on uslw, and a SAL whistleboard from Eastcoasttrainz which was at The Erecting Hall but the content got yanked because it was used in N3V payware. If an asset becomes vaporware, is there a way to replace the missing item with a similar one?

1. Try the Wayback Machine, if that doesn't work and it's not critical, delete missing items.
2. No. However, in your example you mention a spline which would be replaced with a missing spline asset in game. If you are lucky you may be able to do a Bulk Asset Replace if the spline is not seen as track. Again try the Wayback Machine for those older sites
3. See above, but technically vapourware is something announced but never eventuates.
cheers
Graeme

No, you cannot replace the KUIDs in the config.txt file as those KUIDs are regenerated each time the route is loaded from the map data stored in the route asset itself. So any changes you make will be cancelled when the route is reloaded.

You can display all missing assets as orange wire frame cubes which makes them easy to identify where they are, but not what they are. In the Startup splash screen select Trainz Settings then the Dev tab. Check Enable Advanced Debug Tools.

In Surveyor open the main menu and select Settings. Then select General Settings and check Show missing assets.

All missing assets (except textures, I believe) will appear as orange wire frame cubes. You can then decide what type of asset it actually is (because it is "missing" TANE will not know) and use a suitable replacement.

This is one reason why I never use assets from 3rd party sites.

No, you cannot replace the KUIDs in the config.txt file as those KUIDs are regenerated each time the route is loaded from the map data stored in the route asset itself. So any changes you make will be cancelled when the route is reloaded.

You can display all missing assets as orange wire frame cubes which makes them easy to identify where they are, but not what they are. In the Startup splash screen select Trainz Settings then the Dev tab. Check Enable Advanced Debug Tools.

In Surveyor open the main menu and select Settings. Then select General Settings and check Show missing assets.

All missing assets (except textures, I believe) will appear as orange wire frame cubes. You can then decide what type of asset it actually is (because it is "missing" TANE will not know) and use a suitable replacement.

This is one reason why I never use assets from 3rd party sites.

Now that is good to know...

Back