A second short TRS19 video

Phil,

Great video. Many years ago you posted some links for two Russian steam locos and a boxcar. I downloaded them at the time, but now I cannot find them. Any chance you could re-post them again, since I think they would look good in Tane and TS19.

Scottish

Uh Phil,I think you meant K&L Trainz and not L&L Trainz? Anyways,I'm going to have to get TRS2019 on a sale,the subscription's are rip-off's. The new GUI might some taking getting used to,but anyways,nice video.:)

Phil,
Wonderful video. And the PRR 4-4-2 E6s Atlantic was an excellent choice.

I’m not sure I recognize the route? Could it be that there are Philskene routes that I presently don’t have? If so, I apologize profusely and request the name of this route. :D

Really great video.
Gary

Hi Scottish --

This is the video with the Russian box cars with the animated doors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLnlFASv_8I

From memory there are several variants on the Download Station. The notes I made ages ago list:
BSC-box car 11-270
xVg-11-7038
xVg-box car 11-270
xVg-Dessau ZB5 box car
P Boxcar Big

I can't say if any or all will work in TRS19.

The locomotive. Possibly this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACM2djiecpU&t=34s

You can download the T:ANE version from my Dropbox folder, here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fas3iz9bb9ny5cs/RZD Loco Steam L-3393 TANE_v2.cdp?dl=0

I haven't tried it in TRS19 but I suspect it will work as intended.
_____

Hi Gary --

"I’m not sure I recognize the route? Could it be that there are Philskene routes that I presently don’t have?"

Indeed it is one that you don't have. And I can give you the name. It's the Innter Kohn Necktion Railroad. Innter and Necktion are two small ports in close proximity but separated by an impenetrable barrier. Several years ago the two ports were connected by a narrow gauge railroad running through challenging terrain and through the town of Kohn, giving the Innter Kohn Necktion Railroad.

This is how it looked as a narrow gauge layout in T:ANE:

You might notice that Kohn has an extremely impressive passenger depot. Well, once upon a time Kohn was to be the hub of a vast railroad empire. It never came to pass. The building is now used as a boutique hotel for railroad enthusiasts who come from far and wide to ride the railroad.

I submitted the original narrow gauge layout you see in the video to N3V as DLC. But their "evaluation" took an eternity (N3V were very busy with T:ANE SP3 and getting the beta of TRS19 out) and the evaluation hadn't been completed before I had access to the TRS19 beta release. As soon as I tried TRS19 I realised that:
a) TRS19 with PBR textures, TurfFX grasses and improved lighting effects was significantly better than T:ANE, and
b) TRS19 would soon be the "must have" version of Trainz with interest in T:ANE fading away quite rapidly.

So I pulled the narrow gauge layout as DLC with the intention of upgrading it to TRS19 standards.

However, I found that the PBR textures don't work very well with the narrow gauge track. In fact, they only work seamlessly with the new TRS19 track, and that track only comes in standard gauge. So I relaid the track with the TRS19 track which involved increasing the separation between tracks at many locations to allow clearances for the wider standard gauge locomotives and freight cars, changed all the textures to PBR textures and added all the TurfFX grass. The end result is what you see in the two short videos with the steam locomotives.

Once I have run some final checks and packaged it all up I will once again submit the layout in the N3V DLC stream with the hope it might progress faster than last time.

So, Gary, I must apologise but for this one I'll be going over to the Dark Side and you may have to purchase it as DLC.

Phil

Great video as always Phil! One thing I will say though is the whistle signals you use are not American ones. The main ones are 1 short blast for stop, 2 short blasts for forward and 3 short blasts for reverse and it is 2 long, a short, then a long while going over the island of a crossing for the crossing signal. I just was telling you if you didn't know already

I think TRS19 looks amazing. I also love that N3V finally changed that old clickety clack sound, it sounds great! Much more realistic and well, metal sounding. The sounds for when the slack is tightened and released are also much better.

Last edited:
Thanks. No, I didn't know about North American whistle signals. Here in Australia one blast equals forward, two reverse. I'll use the correct codes in future.

Slack action -- yes, I agree. Quite delightful to watch and hear.

Phil,
No apologies necessary. I’ll gladly add that one to my purchases when you finish tweaking it. I’ve already purchased all the other ones you did for N3V and I’m still working the many others available for DLC.

I figure you cant have too many of your routes. They are all such a blast to drive. :D

Gary

Could you do some more standard gauge routes? Lately you have been doing a lot of narrow gauge routes and I would like to see more standard gauge ones.

Last edited:
Hello Phil,

All I can see is a black square. RC does not have "show picture". Must be me, as usual.

Best
Sellick

Hi Sellick --

Interesting. There was one other post to the same effect. But others have no problem. Maybe go straight to youtube. Search with "Could not resist making this short video #2".

Phil

Hi Phil,

Many thanks, just viewed. Words fail me:mop:.
Noticed HUD is down the bottom of screen. Found myself trying to "mouse over" Looks like another trail I have to study...

Best,

Sellick

Back