Disgusting message to me with curse words

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjhowie

Hadn't looked on messages on my website re my NIRailway project for a while but got a shock toight when discovered this......

"JimmyArmstrongTrainz 2018.5.10 14:33
You should upgrade to T:ANE cuz a lot of objects are old. Anyway your map sucks you deep**** filthy goatf***** and I'm on Trainz forum under eurostar3000."

The goat bit actually includes the added swear word what I have replaced with asterisks.

I wish to strongly object to this being sent to me Trainz folk and being called both deep word and the f -curse word.........

I wonder what led a respected route builder to bash another fellow route builder. I think he probably snapped, because someone like him wouldn't normally post a message with such slandering/libeling content in a public area. I understand the serious nature of this matter, and I don't think you've done anything that would warrant him to suddenly snap like that. He probably was highly stressed and took it way too personally. But still better to not quickly jump to conclusions.

He likely had chosen to unleash his stress on the commenting area of a website that is not easily spotted without specifically searching for it

Last edited:
It is also possible that someone else has hacked into his persona. Why would he identify his (supposed) Trains ID?

Hadn't looked on messages on my website re my NIRailway project for a while but got a shock toight when discovered this...
It would have been sensible to have checked that the message was really from the named forum member before publishing the name.

I know eurostar3000 and that’s not him that wrote this absurdity. He’s not that type of guy, he’s helpful and speak with respect but nowadays it’s easy to usurp an identity. I’ll let him know

Not condoning the behaviour, but messages to external websites have nothing, zip, zilch, nada, naught to do with these Forums.

You can also wish to strongly object to such things being sent to you, but bringing it here also accomplishes nothing constructive. There is no code of conduct here governing the messaging services from another site/app to another site/app, even if they are a member here.

Probably best to ignore and try to block the person who sent the message. Sadly the Internet allows this sort of foolishness with little to no comeback.

Sadly when you put information in the public domain, this thing can tend to happen. One solution would be to moderate or approve comments on your site before publication. Whether the named person or someone assuming their identity, though, they do seem to know sufficient about the Trainz programme to string together their thoughts even if the message is downright nasty. Ignore and move on Bobby, don't let the barstewards grind you down as they say...

Possibly someone out to cause trouble for eurostar3000, may find this sort of rubbish appearing elsewhere if the Troll is on a mission.

Hadn't looked on messages on my website re my NIRailway project for a while but got a shock toight when discovered this......

"JimmyArmstrongTrainz 2018.5.10 14:33
You should upgrade to T:ANE cuz a lot of objects are old. Anyway your map sucks you deep**** filthy goatf***** and I'm on Trainz forum under eurostar3000."

The goat bit actually includes the added swear word what I have replaced with asterisks.

I wish to strongly object to this being sent to me Trainz folk and being called both deep word and the f -curse word.........

With the general idea that the person writing the post isn't actually who they claim to be and you wanting to get to the bottom of the incident, I would suggest digging into the meta-data of the post. There has to be info on the URL used to transmit the message which should easily determine whether eurostar3000 was the actual author or not. You might not (probably won't) find out who actually wrote the post but you should be able to block the URL (or whatever) to stop (I would think) the individual from posting on your site.

Just an idea.

Hang in there and take care,

How does naming and shaming a member here have anything to do with what happened on another website? The old saying "what happens in ... stays in ..." should apply here.

How does naming and shaming a member here have anything to do with what happened on another website? The old saying "what happens in ... stays in ..." should apply here.

I'd guess that rjhowie is just a bit shocked and looking for a bit of moral support.

Thanks for your support.

Shocked and looking for moral support perhaps but naming someone who might be innocent is not going to win friends and influence people. Stating the case without names would have been more effective.

No disrespect, but I find it shocking that someone would be "shocked" that they were swore at in this day and age. :confused:

There's no place for that kind of treatment of another person, but seriously, as much as I don't like it, I've learned to tune it out. It's everywhere............

Last edited:
If you were contacted thru an official N3V system (this forum, PMs included; Discord; etc) then either use the built-in reporting function, or contact a moderator.

If you were contact on a third-party website, there really isn't much we can do.

Either way there are proper channels to deal with someone who is harassing you; but publicly calling them out is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back