Moving TRS2019 from one drive to another

Ok, first off, I screwed up and somehow had the game install onto my C:\ drive and it's now eaten up almost 95 Gb. I need to get to another drive (where TANE resides).

Is it as simple as copy and paste? Then change the install directory settings? And, after checking that the game works in the new directory, delete the C:\ drive folder?

Things have to change pretty quick as the free space on C:\ is rapidly shrinking.

Thanks in advance.

Yes it is that Simple, I did similar here a few days ago, moved it from D: an HDD to to G: New SSD for TRS19.

I just did this myself and used the opportunity to rename the folder too to something more intuitive like TRS2019_Data. :)

I just did this myself and used the opportunity to rename the folder too to something more intuitive like TRS2019_Data. :)

I just got done also. I about had a heart attack when I started the game and it had reset the install folder to a C:\ drive folder with a new build number. This happened when I entered the username and password again. I changed the install path to the new drive and folder and everything came back up correct; routes, sessions, assets, etc.

Ha! Just started the game again to make absolutely, positively sure it starts with everything showing up in the game and in the CM. It did. Whew!

Take care,

I just got done also. I about had a heart attack when I started the game and it had reset the install folder to a C:\ drive folder with a new build number. This happened when I entered the username and password again. I changed the install path to the new drive and folder and everything came back up correct; routes, sessions, assets, etc.

Ha! Just started the game again to make absolutely, positively sure it starts with everything showing up in the game and in the CM. It did. Whew!

Take care,

That happened to me too the first time I did that, but now it's second nature having installed multiple beta copies, test copies, and copies of copies of data.

I'm glad everything is all set for you! :)

Hi I need some help here having bought into a subscription for TS19. I have unzipped the files and pointed the game in settings to a file away from my C drive onto a separate HDD drive H BUT it still keeps creating a directory on drive C with a build number etc. How do I stop the game doing this ? As every time when I go to run the game it wants to re-download all my additional payware to drive C its getting very frustrating. Also if I change the graphic settings from says medium to low it is also doing the same and wants to redownload payware and has changed the settings redirect box back to drive C. I have Tane etc and not had this problem so what am I doing wrong please? All I want is for everything to be on drive H to avoid clogging up drive C
Update
I have found that once the game has installed but before you specify what graphics setting you want it is creating the build etc on drive C with the userdirect file as follows "h:/ts19" "C:/Users/stevi/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build qqoknfw11" which I dont want ? Why cannot everything just be on drive H ? its not me changing anything but the game install is and its getting annoying

Last edited:
Hi I need some help here having bought into a subscription for TS19. I have unzipped the files and pointed the game in settings to a file away from my C drive onto a separate HDD drive H BUT it still keeps creating a directory on drive C with a build number etc. How do I stop the game doing this ? As every time when I go to run the game it wants to re-download all my additional payware to drive C its getting very frustrating. Also if I change the graphic settings from says medium to low it is also doing the same and wants to redownload payware and has changed the settings redirect box back to drive C. I have Tane etc and not had this problem so what am I doing wrong please? All I want is for everything to be on drive H to avoid clogging up drive C
Update
I have found that once the game has installed but before you specify what graphics setting you want it is creating the build etc on drive C with the userdirect file as follows "h:/ts19" "C:/Users/stevi/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build qqoknfw11" which I dont want ? Why cannot everything just be on drive H ? its not me changing anything but the game install is and its getting annoying

I let the program create it's base folder on the C: drive then go and create my own and point the install path to my own data folder. It's a lot easier than trying to do this while the program is being setup. Once all is setup on my own drive in my own folder where I want it, I go back and delete that build-xxxxxx folder on the C: drive because it's not need.

The alternative, which I just thought of now, would be to copy the build-xxxxx folder from the C: drive to your specified drive, rename it to whatever you want, then setup the Install path to point to the new location. This is the quicker way to do it; it seems I always find the longest route between two points. I think I've become an AI driver in that regard!

The drive you select is where the data is put and the .exe file is placed. The C drive is the default location for train to put its build folder. Just cut and paste to a new location and redirect the install path in trainz settings.

Right finally that seems to have worked so thank you guys. I think it could be explained better in the installation guide though.

Back