Problem saving a session in TRS2019 Build 96181

heimdall

I seem to be having a problem with saving a session in TRS2019 Build 96181.

I have opened for edit a downloaded session in TRS2019 (96181) and adjusted the environment settings (The route this session is from is is Billinton by driver_col) when I try to save the session it only gives me the option to create both a new route and new session. I only want to save/create a new session, I don't want to modify or duplicate the route.

I have tried exactly the same process in TANE SP3 (94916) where it allows me (as expected) to save just a revised session leaving the route totally untouched.

Has anyone else seen this, should I complete a bug report?

Thanks Gordon.

In both cases it is the session as downloaded from the DLS and just the one change to the environment setting, nothing else was touched..

Gordon

I am having the same problem with MArias Pass X from HP. I have it and it is running very good. It is one of my favorites routes---by RJArtim

Last edited:
I can't remember off-hand whether environment changes are session specific or affect the whole route. If it's only happening on particular routes though a bug report may be needed.

Shane

As it is different between TANE and TRS19 Beta I will put a bug report in tomorrow morning (UK time) with some more detail. I can't see it will do any harm.

If something in the route layer is edited, it will require both to be saved. A quick test here everything seemed in order (edit env. and only the session was prompted to save).

Include the KUID of the DLS route and session as it may be specific to that route.

Thanks for the reply Tony. I have tried some other routes and yes they are o.k. so it is route specific, just happened to be a couple of the routes I was using with the latest beta.

I have now discovered that this save problem also occurs when creating new sessions on the same routes and that is before making any changes at all. Not an issue on the same routes on SP3.

Niddertalbahn, DLC <kuid2:661281:200001:3> any session or new session wants to save as a new route and session.

Billinton DLS route <kuid2:149790:100486:2> any session or new session wants to save as a new route and session.

Not the end of the world, but if it could be fixed, or is there is something i am missing? I guess there could be a setting somewhere but i can't find it.

Finally, love this version of Trainz and the subscription option. :)

I seem to be having a problem with saving a session in TRS2019 Build 96181.

I have opened for edit a downloaded session in TRS2019 (96181) and adjusted the environment settings (The route this session is from is is Billinton by driver_col) when I try to save the session it only gives me the option to create both a new route and new session. I only want to save/create a new session, I don't want to modify or duplicate the route.

I have tried exactly the same process in TANE SP3 (94916) where it allows me (as expected) to save just a revised session leaving the route totally untouched.

Has anyone else seen this, should I complete a bug report?

Thanks Gordon.
Sorry that I am late to this party but, as it is my Billinton session that is in question, therein may be the answer. TRS2019 is not letting you make changes (i.e. environment settings) because it is not yours to change. I would suggest (not tested the idea) that it would let you clone it, and then you can do whatever you wish. Regards. Colin.

Back