1 Hour To Move Within a Yard

boleyd

Coal Country - Train on one of the 5 yard ladder tracks. Instructed to move to a siding within the yard called TransLoad. The task was completed but it took just under an hour. The train ran all over the route in an effort to find a path that was easily found within the yard. If it was not for the SHIFT key I would have just stopped the exercise and tried to guide the train by way of via trackmarks. This is not an attempt to report, but to illustrate some AI issue may exist.

At some point I would have just taken over and done it myself. Seems like could have saved at least 45 min.

Any tracks flagged with a different priority as the train itself by any chance?
If will try to find a route using only tracks with the same priority and only enter a track with a different priority if it has no other option.

No priorities. Had run the route before. The only thing different is that none of my routes use signals. They create false stops and slowdowns in a vain effort to add some sort of realism.I added some more crossover switches in the yard to allow other paths to be selected and then the train followed the expected course in about 10 minutes.I only mention it in case it is not a one-off.

Back