Excessive curve speed/rough handling

On the tracks there's a parameter to add transition curves. You click on the lower properties question-mark "?" on the very bottom of the "advanced-pullout". You can then set the angle and percentage for the curve.

I just tried that. All I got was the Superelevation data values, no transition data. Is there a specific type of track you need to do this?

I just tried that. All I got was the Superelevation data values, no transition data. Is there a specific type of track you need to do this?

There are only two fields to fill in and no special tracks for this. I played with this a few times, but my patience for some things is about 0.00001 ms on some days and I couldn't deal any more than just playing around with it. The Legends of the BNSF uses it extensively.

Excellent discussion on this Rough Handling issue......I was beside myself more times than I want to count with this issue........;)

And it was as described in some of the messages 10MPH to 5 MPH and the message would appear on several sessions.......:'(

I also have to be honest, I put on Breaks and/or slowed the trains too fast in many cases, so I was Guilty of Rough Handling my Train Consist, being too impatient......That's on me......:(

With what I read here, I think I will try to pay more attention to Super Elevation and see if that would help.......;)

While running an operating session on my GER Norfolk layout this morning I kept an eye on the rough handling nagbot and I could see beyond all doubt that on my layout at least there is a lot of variation between how sensitive the nagbot is towards the steam engines I have working there. My G15 tram engines could do no wrong and never raised a single complaint from the nagbot, - but with the R24 'Buckjumper' tank engines I only had to look at them crooked to make the nagbot squeak. My other engines fell somewhere in between these two extremes with their degree of sensitivity with some being more capable of irritating the nagbot and others being lest capable of making it squeak.

I have noticed these issues too and they are extremely annoying. The most annoying notice is "excessive acceleration" when slowing down. Did the developers every take any physics courses???? Acceleration is when speeding up whereas de-acceleration applies to slowing down. Geez!

deceleration?
Tony has asked for specifications,
don't think anything can and will be done until we have that.
check how pware tested the rulers.

Personally I ignore those messages,
more annoying I find the fixed 2 min stop on SPAD or the honking cars.
If you guys want I script a bar that overlaps the text ;-)

[snip]

Personally I ignore those messages,
more annoying I find the fixed 2 min stop on SPAD or the honking cars.
If you guys want I script a bar that overlaps the text ;-)

I know this is "just a game", but isn't ignoring the messages tantamount to ignoring the check engine light on your car? Just saying... :eek:

I know this is "just a game", but isn't ignoring the messages tantamount to ignoring the check engine light on your car? Just saying... :eek:

Engine light on my car is real and can cost me hundreds of dollars if ignored. Msgs in TRS19 are not real and cost nothing. When it rains on a Model Railroad route do you run for an umbrella? All in fun! I admire your wanting to play it straight. But there's a zillion (?) things in sims that you must "ignore" as not being real/accurate.

Back