Excessive curve speed/rough handling

ColPrice2002

Hi,

Is it possible to edit the parameters for these warnings?
I'd like to reduce the sensitivity of the "rough handling" - it seems that every time the consist crosses a set of points it triggers the "rough handling" message, followed by the "excessive curve speed" one on the turnout.

For the "excessive curve speed", anyone know what the calculation is? Then I can try to set appropriate speed limits...

Cheers,

Colin

So would I

Hi,

Is it possible to edit the parameters for these warnings?
I'd like to reduce the sensitivity of the "rough handling" - it seems that every time the consist crosses a set of points it triggers the "rough handling" message, followed by the "excessive curve speed" one on the turnout.

For the "excessive curve speed", anyone know what the calculation is? Then I can try to set appropriate speed limits...

Cheers,

Colin

Yeah me as well. This still needs a bit more tweaking and was worse in the closed beta where the message would come up even when driving on smooth track.

I noticed that the settings had been turned down a bit...
The real problem will be with newcomers to TS19, who keep thinking that they are doing something wrong.
Using the DLC mode, just one mental is sufficient to trigger the message.

If anyone ever uses this feature as a session award we'll all be in trouble!

Cheers,

Colin

Add me to the petition for it to be user configurable or switchable offable!

Very disconcerting when the message flashes up with a one notch up or down in power, or coasting around a curve at well under line speed...

Hi All
At the moment these can't be adjusted or turned off. We are still looking into these messages, including their sensitivity and how they appear/operate.

Good - 'cos there's no way that I can use the keyboard driving keys to change throttle settings without invoking the nagging reminders at lower speeds. Doesn't matter what the loco is.
And AI drivers are the same - and when I have 20 or more going about their business, that's a lot of messaging traffic.
The curve speeds are more manageable with lower speed limit settings ahead of curves and junctions, but through traffic at junctions shouldn't face such restrictions.

Thanks for the info, I have given up ,,, can't drop or go up 1 using keyboard with out getting the message with the little VT98 Railbus

Tom

Yup the messages are still there. How about speeding when doing exactly the posted speed! That's been the latest annoyance, and I've reported this a bug.

Hi All
At the moment these can't be adjusted or turned off. We are still looking into these messages, including their sensitivity and how they appear/operate.

ok, this seems to be an eternal moment ...
my thinking: what a shame, trainz has become a really nice program for screenshots, but not for playing a train simulation ...

I guess we all know that the AI cheats as well as being stupid at times.

On my favorite route, there is a lot of 70 mph limits and some of the curves are kind of sharp and the AI goes around them full speed and gets the warnings but never derails. On the other hand, if I drive the same curves at 20 mph less, I will derail sometimes. I've been thinking about going through the route and reducing the speed limits to what is proper for us human drivers because the AI can run rings around me without derailing and it just don't seem right.

Wild Willy the Wacko

Hi All

My pleasure in driving loose coupled 19th century goods trains with the advanced steam controls is completely ruined by the nag-bot. What I very much want Zec, - and I'm sure what most long time Trainz enthusiasts want, - is a way to turn the nag-bot off. Or better still to have the option to bury it forever in a very deep dark hole under 10 tons of smouldering coal ash.

Excessive curve speed, yeah love to loose that one

"Rescedule in 2 minutes" (after a SPAD = Signal Passed at Danger),
would be very welcome to adjust the time or turn it off completely
script functions could be GetSpad(float time), SetSpad(float time) added to train.gs

Reading Zec's reply from 2018, makes me worried, maybe noone works at N3v atm. that wrote the original code.
that is troublesome news, could be the reason many errors occur now with updates/beta's, since SP1.
greetings GM

After nearly 3 years I agree "Or better still to have the option to bury it forever in a very deep dark hole under 10 tons of smouldering coal ash." Like so many problems, not fixed. Like lots of payware sessions that don't work properly, also not fixed. I really do wonder how a business can survive like that, but I hope it does.

I get the goofy message on AI runs. Both Rough and Fast crop up when the train hits some junctions/switches. Have not seen it recently. I only use AI. Probably a waste of time tracing it unless you can get a 100% consistent error event to work from. Seems like a trap in the software to capture settings, when it occurs, should not be too difficult.

Back