Railfest this weekend in Chattanooga TN

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
If anyone is going to Railfest this weekend in Chattanooga, I'll be there. I'll be wearing my Air Force Veteran cap and Cotton Belt Route T-shirt!

If anyone is going to Railfest this weekend in Chattanooga, I'll be there. I'll be wearing my Air Force Veteran cap and Cotton Belt Route T-shirt!

:wave: Evening Sir Dave,

:'( Really wish I could be there, but had to get back to California with Grand Kid starting School this week after visiting some Retired Navy Brats in Illnois last week, so you go for me, and stand there looking Proud and Tall.

:cool: Thank you Sir, for your service to our Country.........Enjoy and have a great time......

Already have my tickets too. I'm going on Sunday, but I might be able to on Saturday. I'll be wearing at traditional engineer's hat with the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum's logo on it and a shirt with a picture of Southern 4501 in Crescent colors on it. I'll be carrying a small blue-and-black tote bag over my shoulder with the CSX logo on the side.

And in case you don't know this yet, but . . .

Southern E8 #6914 will premiere at Railfest. How do I know this? 'Cause I was there on Saturday and discovered 6914 sitting in the Shops in primer. When I asked one of the conductors he said that it'll be painted in time for Railfest. However, it WON'T be pulling any trains. The only thing left to do on it is work on the electrical box. 6910 should be ready to run by next Railfest, though I suspect that it'll be more like the beginning of next year. Also, Tennessee Valley 2-8-0 #610 is IN THE SHOPS. I asked about her, and they said that there's not work needed to be done, due to her having more modern components compared to 630 and 4501. Plus, given the extra work she had to do pulling excursions, Southern 630 will need to have her boiler checked in the near future, another incentive to getting 610 up and running. 610 has also been under the shed next to the shops since she was retired at the end on 2010, so she is in good condition. They estimate 610 will be done sometime next year, but I'm inclined to say more like 2020.

Dave, and anyone else reading this, I'd recommend a place you should check out while in Chattanooga: McKay's used bookstore. I can attest that this is a great place to buy books, CD's, DVD's, video games, even old records, and more. I will say that you could get a good deal for books. For example, I've been buying a series of travel books and the MSRP is $20.00. I was able to get FOUR of them for the same price as one, or $5.00 each. It's pretty much the only place I buy books. They have four other locations also: Nashville and Knoxville in Tennessee, and Winston-Salem and Greensboro in North Carolina. Here's the address for the one in Chattanooga: 7734 Lee Highway, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37421. And McKay's website: http://www.mckaybooks.com/

Back