Crashing to the Desktop in Surveyor

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
I have been trying to create a new route in TRS19, but several times, while doing various things, the program has crashed to the desktop. No warning of any kind, one second I'm laying track (the last time it happened) and the next split second, I'm staring at my desktop. No warning or error box or nothing. There is very little placed at this time in the route. Lots of speedtrees, I'll admit, one building, a few roads, and just a few miles of track. I don't know if this is a known bug, but I thought I'd report it.

Is this in Build 96000 (Early Access)? Or in the latest beta 96191?
Is the track one of the new built-ins, or a legacy track of some sort?

Personally haven't experienced any CTDs with any build of TRS2019 (including during the closed beta) but maybe I haven't pushed it hard enough yet.

Please provide build number, KUIDs of the track, and preferably find the sequence to reproduce the crash and submit the route and any non-DLS dependencies.

Thanks for the llink to download the route. QA have found there is a GroundSection assertion indicating something wrong with the terrain (but no crash - so that could possibly be something else unrelated). We'll sort out the terrain fix in the next update.

It also makes me crash to the windows desktop, build 96000 when I cross the speed of 90 km/h on all maps, as if it did not work to process the dates of the game. :confused:

I've had some crashes to the desktop on exit with the current beta. They are proceeded by an assertion error referring to something being removed before things were shutdown, but all I'm doing is exiting from Surveyor or Driver and closing the program afterwards and don't get as far as closing the program myself.

~GSOAsset> Asset was destroyed before clean shutdown.

I have sent over a bug report with this info.

I am having a similiar problem. Trying to build from scratch a TRS19 Route. In Surveyor, when using a mouse, if I attempt to insert a long stretch of track (by dragging the mouse) or to insert and extend a Ruler, as I draw out the extension, the program totally crashes back to desktop. Upon restart, I get the note that TRS19 closed incorrectly and then I have a choice to "Revert" or " Forward" I had been working on the new route for a day or two without this problem, all of a sudden it started.

Do I need to reinstall the entire program - delete the route I am working with and start over? I actually started a new route and ran into same problem.

Please help!!! Otherwise UNABLE to use my new computer and software investment in TRS19. A bummer!

lfreuter4, you could try reducing some of the performance settings.
I've been working in surveyor for about a month on a large route and
I had once instance of being left looking at the desktop but when it did that I had everything maxed. I was playing around with PBR textures and TurfFX at the time. Now I turn things down a bit , shadows off and have no problems in surveyor.I turn shadows back on and up the settings for driver and have no problems with that.

I hope you find a solution and maybe this will help.

Jack

Back