TRS19 Early Access Beta Discussion forum

Yes. I complained about this in the beginning, early access days, and my bug report went unnoticed or ignored.

You've got a clear gel over the PBR textures that is apparent when the angle is steep. At the time, I didn't notice the water, but I think it's related to that issue as well. My brother explained the issue, but I can't remember exactly what it is now.

Overall I think textures stink in this version, ie TRS19 in general, and need to write up a complete post and report about it. The older textures look as if they've been printed on card stock and the PBR are encased in jelly.

I mean, i really like the PBR textures. They're not perfect, but they're better than just having a flat texture to use. But if they're this broken, then there's no reason to use them.

I'm getting sick of having to say "hopefully this is fixed by the Public Release", cause a lot of this stuff is really easy to spot. Makes me think no one is really "testing" this game.

Likewise, when I paint some of the PBR textures on steep surfaces, various parts look like lava flowing when the view angle changes as I drive by. The intent might have been good but some of the results leave a lot to be desired. I really hope this is resolved before it goes public because otherwise the laughter will be deafening.
Downloading the latest 411.63 nvidia driver in case that helps.

Something bad happened. After updating the GPU driver to 411.63, I restarted TRS19. Clicked Start Trainz from Launcher, just a splash screen and a twirly. Closed and did a database rebuild. That took a long time but finally completed. Tried to load Trainz from the Launcher and again a long time, including a precache failed message.
TRS2019_96720 start precache failed.JPG
Finally the main screen half loaded, still waiting for the Environment loading, please wait message.
Don't know it its me or 96720 but this is not working very well.

Has really gone off the rails for me. Took almost five minutes for a session to open in edit and all I got was some weird distorted baseboards. Tried to Exit Game and everything just froze. Boy, Task Master and I are becoming close friends.

Something bad happened. After updating the GPU driver to 411.63, I restarted TRS19. Clicked Start Trainz from Launcher, just a splash screen and a twirly. Closed and did a database rebuild. That took a long time but finally completed. Tried to load Trainz from the Launcher and again a long time, including a precache failed message.

Finally the main screen half loaded, still waiting for the Environment loading, please wait message.
Don't know it its me or 96720 but this is not working very well.

I had a similar message on exit with the previous graphics driver so I don't think its related to the update.

So perhaps the session / route was corrupted. Made a new clone of Content Samples #1, added some extra baseboards, placed two track loops using the same track as the samples uses, added some trackmarks and signals. Then after giving the driver his instructions, went for a ride. Wanted to return to Surveyor to make a few changes and ended up staring at the splash screen for several minutes. When it finally returned to Surveyor, ugh, the distorted view returned.
Overview. Not even all the baseboards are shown. As I zoom out, more appear
TRS2019_96720 return to surveyor2.JPG

Closeup of the original core baseboard
TRS2019_96720 return to surveyor3.JPG

Also couldn't exit normally, had to call on my friend Task manager again.

Bug report submitted

Last edited:
Went back to 96000, recreated the above situation, (clone, track, etc) and had no issues exiting Surveyor.

The exit to Surveyor issue following saving your work first arose during the beta build 96191 and has unfortunately persisted into 96720.

ok how do I update my stream to the beta?. I see update stream in my Launcher but that only refers to my data folder for TRS19

Go to Trainz Settings from the Launcher.
Go to the Install tab and click on Change the Trainz update stream.
At first, it will prompt you for the installation you wish to update (i.e. your TRS2019 program executable folder) - then it will check your log-in credentials.
Complete those tasks and you will then be presented with a command button allowing you to change the patch stream from your current one...
Keep going and choose the TRS19 Beta option!

Last edited:
I noticed a lot of broken items now once I transferred a route from TANE to TRS19, they are mostly built in items made by Auran. You would think these items would already be fixed for newer game versions.

Anyway hope they fix them soon.

I noticed a lot of broken items now once I transferred a route from TANE to TRS19, they are mostly built in items made by Auran.
If you transfer items that are built-in for TANE to TRS19 they will be broken. Any built-in items from previous versions are already in TRS19 as Base or Built-in, or are available on the DLS for download. If you have already transferred built-in items into TRS19 then you should revert them to original: that will fix most of them. Delete the remainder and download them.

Back