TRS19 Early Access Beta Discussion forum

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've created this forum to keep the beta discussions separate from the "live" builds.

Please use the main TRS19 forum for general discussion and please use this forum to post any issues found with either the live or beta versions. And of course still use the Beta Report Form for your detailed reports.

Release Editions:

1. TRS19 Early Access build 96000:
Status: Heavily tested. Purchased from the Trainz Store or as part of the Gold Class membership. It is a pre-release version that is mostly feature complete and stable but with a limited content set. There may still be errors in sessions and additional polish required.
Update schedule: Additional 5 built-in routes and additional rolling stock will be released as free DLC during the coming weeks. Additional code updates will be released less frequently. There may still be errors in sessions and additional polish required.
Other DLC: TANE DLC will be released for TRS19 one it passes internal testing and we ensure the packages are downloaded without errors. There may still be errors in sessions and additional polish required.
This link provides the list of currently released DLC items.

2. TRS19 beta build 96191:
Status: In-development build not heavily tested. This version is available to anyone who has access to the Early Access edition. It is likely to have more bugs than the current live Early Access edition. It is up to users whether to choose the TRS19 Beta stream to update their build or not.
Update schedule: Regular updates will be released as we update, tweak and fix the software.

3. TRS19 (Scheduled for release Q4, 2018):
Status: An official date will be announced when we are happy that the release version will be of superior quality and stability to the current live Early Access version, and it content complete.

Last edited:
Could you clarify that please: Has everybody who has just bought in to TRS2019 got a live "beta" version? Is the final release yet to come? Will it be bug free? It all sounds a bit "Arthur Daley" to me!

Rob.

Edit: For those not familiar with Arthur Daley: Arthur Daley is a fictitious character from a popular 1970/1980's UK TV comedy - Minder; the character role is a small time conman and used car trader.

Last edited:
Could you clarify that please: Has everybody who has just bought in to TRS2019 got a live "beta" version? Is the final release yet to come? Will it be bug free? It all sounds a bit "Arthur Daley" to me!

Rob.

As per last Friday's newsletter, you have to opt into the Beta versions - instructions supplied. In other words, you have to change your Update Stream from TRS19 Early Access to TRS19 Beta so only those people who have done this will be working with these current Beta releases. We are a long way off a final release. As for a final totally bug free release, when has that ever occurred with any software programme? :D

Are you saying that folk are being asked to pay for beta releases? That's what it sounds like to me! Will there ever be a final release version and what is the superseding version? Are we, as loyal customers, being treated like mere pawns in your seemingly fantasy ongoing playworld of Trainz development? I fancy the answer to that question is "yes"!

Rob.

Are you saying that folk are being asked to pay for beta releases?

Nope. Users can pay for Early Access if they want that, which as the name suggests grants access to a pre-release version of TRS19. We don't consider this a beta - it's been heavily tested - but it lacks some of the features and (initially at least) much of the content that the final release version will have.

Everybody who has TRS19 can access the beta versions if they so choose. We certainly aren't forcing people to be involved in the beta, but some users may find it fun to see what's going on, and some users may find it rewarding to give feedback which helps shape the final release.

Will there ever be a final release version

Yep.

.. and what is the superseding version?

I'm not sure I follow this question?

Are we, as loyal customers, being treated like mere pawns in your seemingly fantasy ongoing playworld of Trainz development? I fancy the answer to that question is "yes"!

Nope.

chris

Everybody who has TRS19 can access the beta versions if they so choose. We certainly aren't forcing people to be involved in the beta, but some users may find it fun to see what's going on, and some users may find it rewarding to give feedback which helps shape the final release.

chris
After the first week the initial gloss was stating to wear off, then I installed the latest beta and what a difference. Everything looks awesome, even reflection off polished floorboards on a model route and sun glittering off the rails on Sherman Hill - the stock rails, not PBR ones. It's really more like I imagined TRS19 was going to be. I've had more fun with TRS19 in 2 weeks than I had in 3 years with T:ANE. It's really that good.
cheers
Graeme

After the first week the initial gloss was stating to wear off, then I installed the latest beta and what a difference. Everything looks awesome, even reflection off polished floorboards on a model route and sun glittering off the rails on Sherman Hill - the stock rails, not PBR ones. It's really more like I imagined TRS19 was going to be. I've had more fun with TRS19 in 2 weeks than I had in 3 years with T:ANE. It's really that good.
cheers
Graeme

I thought I was the only one! :D

Once the bugs are stomped, this is going to be one super program even better than we have now, and this isn't so bad either.

Shiny is nice - but some things (for example commodities like coal and woodchips) really don't need to glisten like silver and gold!
We need to be careful that gloss and sunlight reflections are appropriate for the material finish of the underlying asset and is not overdone.
My belief is that some basic commodities now need to be revisited and rebuilt - both to take advantage of the new PBR materials and best practice - but also to render them more lifelike and realistically than has hitherto been possible.
Lipstick on a pig doesn't necessarily look better just 'cos it's glossy and shiny!

Having The PBR materials means that content creators have control over the amount of light reflected or not. So yes, as items are updated, they should look more realistic/lifelike.

pcas1986 - There was a 1.4Gb patch made available on Friday night ACT time which will take you to 96191 if you are keen to participate further in TRS2019 beta testing.
Another 3-step SP3 Hotfix 1 patch was offered for T:ANE as well.

really don't need to glisten like silver and gold!

In KCS2, water towers (on their top), some wires (randomly), and almost everything in cabs of steam locos (C&O and USRA in version 4.6) glisten like diamonds! You really need to fix this: some rocks look like disco balls in a nightclub!

Last edited:
ARN seems to work properly (it didn't for me in 96000), but train tab (clicking "Edit Trains" or pressing "F7") is still buggy as I reported (it sometimes appears when pressing "Escape").

Is there a way to activate once for all the HUD underlay? Each time I start or resume a session, I have to click on "Interface underlay" (and there's no shortcut).

"Has no Dependants" as a filter in Content Manager would be useful.

Last edited:
I have been beta testing for some months now, and have early access 96000 build. For some reason, I am not getting any beta updates past this build. I have looked at my streams, and what is selected as of now is "beta stream". Everthing else is either TANE or TMR or Public. I don't see any TS2019 Beta stream anymore. Any ideas on why it isn't there? Or do I need to purchase it now to get the updates?

Last edited:
As far as I can tell you need to pay to Beta test now. I was also testing and the last time I went on it came back not authorized.

Back