Why won't any of the railroad crossings work in Trainz 2019? [Solved]

janathan

I just installed Trainz 2019 on my computer, then I tried importing one of my routes to it, but neither the Jointed Rail RR Crossings not the BNSF50's Grade Xing NRC's are turning on when the train hits the ATLS trigger. None of them are faulty, but they won't turn on. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjNoq81R98o&t=2s) How can I get these railroad crossings to work in Trainz 2019?

It looks like ATLS isn't working, or it's not on my route. Haven't found anyway to fix the problem, spent a few hours on it yesterday.

Looks like bug reports are required.

I just downloaded my advanced ATLS demo into 2019 and all ATLS is working fine. Is your ATLS settings in the route or session?

Updated ATLS Slave on my system today, check for out of date files
cheers
Graeme

Updated here before I updated to the beta so not that, reverted to previous version on route that hadn't been saved in the beta and same problem.

ATLS works well in TRS19 if you "Maximise compatibility".

Launcher -> Trainz Settings -> "Dev" tab -> Compatibility mode -> Maximise compatibility

Hope this helps! Ken

I actually found the problem. The slave was faulty because the invisible train was missing a texture.txt file. I fixed the error and the crossings all work now.

Clam,

Take a look at the ATLS settings in the Session you are running. I've just got TRS19 and the first thing I see is that ATLS settings are not being saved to the Route. This is as it always was pre TS12. In TS12 & Tane it seemd OK to set everything up in the Route and it crossed over to the Session. Now it seems you need to make all the settings in the Session again. If you want to cross sessions, you can always set it up in Route and use the 'save to map (route)' feature in ATLS. Type in the blue code at the top left of the dialogue box into the 'name' box and save. If your ATLS stuff is on the Route layer then you should be able to do that from the session too.

I set up a quick ATLS test and it worked all OK but it lost the settings in Route. So things that worked OK in TS12 & Tane may have lost their settings in TRS19.

Boat (Mike)

Mike, obviously haven't seen my post in the other thread, solved the issue by deleting the route and re-importing it, every thing seems to be working OK now. Was all originally set up in the route. The session I haven't touched that's as originally imported and that's now working fine. Working both in the Early Access which was OK anyway and now the TRS19 Beta.

I actually found the problem. The slave was faulty because the invisible train was missing a texture.txt file. I fixed the error and the crossings all work now.

How did you do fix the missing texture.txt file. I have the same problem. Says I'm missing yellow.texture file.

I'm also having issues with the crossing malfunction. I've messed around with the slave and trigger. Nothing has changed, I've read some of the threads. My question is would I have to uninstall the routes and reinstall them again?

I'm also having issues with the crossing malfunction. I've messed around with the slave and trigger. Nothing has changed, I've read some of the threads. My question is would I have to uninstall the routes and reinstall them again?

There's no need to uninstall the routes. You only need to ensure your content is up-to-date, and you have configured the ATLS components in the session and not the route.

Which tab do I need see if the content is up to date? Thanks, Kyle Williams

In Content Manager, you need to change the view to get this to work the best for what you want to do. Before anything else, add in all the columns and arrange them so you like them by dragging them into the order you want. You will have to resize them by clicking on the small bars between them. Right-click on the one of the columns to add or remove them. You want to add them and add them all. I have mine setup like this:

Type, Status, Asset ID, Name, Build Version, File Size, Author Username, Modification Date, Install Date, Upload Date

With this setup, you can see everything more or less and sort stuff a lot easier.

Once you do that, you can then setup some useful views (filters) to help you find stuff easier.

Filter #1 -- Out of Date.

--- Click on Install and scroll until you find Out of Date.
--- You'll see a list of assets that can be updated.
--- Right-click on these and choose download.

You may have to click on view asset versions for some assets.
--- Click on Status so that Installed from DLS, Newer version available is shown.

You can save this filter and call it whatever you want. I called mine Out of Date which is self-explanatory.

Filter #2 -- Obsolete AND NOT Built-in.

This filter is for cleaning up the older obsolete assets since they are no longer needed and only take up disk space since they are no longer used.

--- Click on the small arrow next to Install until it points downward.
--- Click on the + sign on the far right and choose Installed.
--- Set this to True
--- Click + again
--- Change that to Obsolete
--- Set this to True
--- Click + again
--- Change that to Built-in
--- Set this to False.

Save with any name you wish I named mine exactly what it is.

You can do this with virtually anything in Content Manager including setting up various categories for asset-types, authors, etc.

Back