2-sided materials won't show properly in TRS2019?

jeffmorris

I updated one of my NYCTA subway stations for TRS2019 but 2-sided materials won't show properly in TRS2019. I searched the Trainz Online website and found out that the mesh metadata file has been updated for TRS2019.

materials
{
example0
{
two-sided 1
material-type "pbrmetal"
textures
{
albedo
{
texture-resource "albedo.texture"
}
normal
{
texture-resource "normal.texture"
}
parameter
{
texture-resource "parameter.texture"
}
}
}

I named my material as gray031.m.pbrmetal.
I named the image files as:

gray031-base_color.tga
gray031-normal.tga
gray031-parameters.tga

the base_color and normal images were generated by Bitmap2Material software created by the company that created Substance Painter and Substance Designer. I created the parameters image in Photoshop software.

DC9t0wd.png

In the screenshot above, the small section of the fence doesn't show on the other side between the booth and the turnstiles. How can I fix the problem?

I updated one of my NYCTA subway stations for TRS2019 but 2-sided materials won't show properly in TRS2019. I searched the Trainz Online website and found out that the mesh metadata file has been updated for TRS2019.

materials
{
example0
{
two-sided 1
material-type "pbrmetal"
textures
{
albedo
{
texture-resource "albedo.texture"
}
normal
{
texture-resource "normal.texture"
}
parameter
{
texture-resource "parameter.texture"
}
}
}

I named my material as gray031.m.pbrmetal.
I named the image files as:

gray031-base_color.tga
gray031-normal.tga
gray031-parameters.tga

the base_color and normal images were generated by Bitmap2Material software created by the company that created Substance Painter and Substance Designer. I created the parameters image in Photoshop software.

In the screenshot above, the small section of the fence doesn't show on the other side between the booth and the turnstiles. How can I fix the problem?

Sounds like you are nearly there. You'll want to create a .txt file and have the exact same filename as your .fbx file.

For example:
my_mesh.fbx
my_mesh.txt

Inside your .txt file you can then put the materials container and any sub-containers and tags you require. In your case you'll probably want something like this if "gray031.m.pbrmetal" is the actual material that needs to be double-sided:

materials
{
gray031.m.pbrmetal
{
two-sided 1
}
}

Back