Bug found and reported! Spliney bits remain after fixed track deleted.

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
I repeatedly attempted this after discovering it. Beware though because parts remain that can't be deleted!

Place a fixed track asset, or mo-crossing asset such as a level crossing.

Delete it.

Spliney parts remain and can't be removed but they can be updated using the update/replace assets utility.

There is also a minor (non critical) bug with the Close Message Popup rule. It does not work in TRS19. Reported.

There is also a minor (non critical) bug with the Close Message Popup rule. It does not work in TRS19. Reported.

Thanks for letting us know about that one too.

As we find them, we should report them and report them here as well so we're all aware of the bugs as they come. This will be the only way we can get things on the list and fixed.

John,

What's a "Spliney part"? :) Are they the rotating circles at the end of fixed tracks?

I've been placing and deleting bekaember's straight fixed track assets quite a bit in a route and have seen no artifacts left over.

TRS19 build 96000.

Andrew

John,

What's a "Spliney part"? :) Are they the rotating circles at the end of fixed tracks?

I've been placing and deleting bekaember's straight fixed track assets quite a bit in a route and have seen no artifacts left over.

TRS19 build 96000.

Andrew

This is in build 96096, which has been since updated to build 96191 with another patch to follow - part of the Gold membership.

I placed a turntable, and you know what it's like trying to get these things into the right spot. As I moved the turntable around, I had spline circles, which I could not delete. I removed the turntable completely and there the turntable tracks still there. I exited and came back, and because I saved, they remained. I could update them to something else, attached tracks to them, even made a junction, but could not delete them. I then placed a BNSF50 grade crossing, deleted the object, and the track bits remained and could not be deleted.

All reported and doing updates now. Maybe this is one of those things that was caught already, and this is the fun side of beta testing. :)

Interesting. I've been pottering around in a couple of projects and have deleted interactive objects, including FT straights to line things up, not noticed this tendency. Or does it just occur if you have previously attached a spline to the object?

One thing I have noticed is that some objects (UK Tunnel Portal 1T being one) are not changing to the attached spline type.

On a couple of occasions, usually when working with splines and aligning with fixed track, I have found an attempt to save the game freezes into the Rocky Mountain splash screen and requires Task Manager to exit.

Above mentioned in case connected and not to hijack the thread!

Interesting. I've been pottering around in a couple of projects and have deleted interactive objects, including FT straights to line things up, not noticed this tendency. Or does it just occur if you have previously attached a spline to the object?

One thing I have noticed is that some objects (UK Tunnel Portal 1T being one) are not changing to the attached spline type.

On a couple of occasions, usually when working with splines and aligning with fixed track, I have found an attempt to save the game freezes into the Rocky Mountain splash screen and requires Task Manager to exit.

Above mentioned in case connected and not to hijack the thread!

96000 is devoid of this issue, and not using any tunnels recently, I haven't seen the tunnel problem yet.

Saving does take sometime the first time around, so I would recommend waiting a few minutes and let it save after that it saves quickly.

96064 and now 96191 still exhibits the same problem. The spliney bits can be deleted if I copy and paste a blank area over them, which is a pain but a good work around for now.

This is in build 96096, which has been since updated to build 96191 with another patch to follow - part of the Gold membership.
JCitron - Build 96191 is a beta build of TRS2019 and NOT a Gold Subscription update.
Don't confuse people here who will indignantly demand to know why their Gold Sub hasn't automatically updated them to 96191!

For clarity, the Trainz PLUS updates for Gold Class members will not begin until post-official release. Meanwhile, everyone with TRS19 has access to the same build (i.e. live 9600 or beta 96191) and will do so through to the official release.

Also for clarity, the current TRS19 beta is open to TRS19 owners/Gold Class members.

And regarding the bug - QA have repro'd so this will be fixed in the next update.

Last edited:
For clarity, the Trainz PLUS updates for Gold Class members will not begin until post-official release. Meanwhile, everyone has access to the same build (i.e. live 9600 or beta 96191).

Thank you Tony for the clarification on that.

I did report the issue in the top post of this thread. I have updated to 96191 today so I am now up-to-date and still testing where the issue still exists.

No it isn't ! Just found out about it yesterday, only way out was paste a blank area over, or revert to an earlier backup.

That's interesting because I didn't have that problem with 96000 and stumbled upon it the 96191.

Buggy things can do weird things in programs!

I repeatedly attempted this after discovering it. Beware though because parts remain that can't be deleted!

Place a fixed track asset, or mo-crossing asset such as a level crossing.

Delete it.

Spliney parts remain and can't be removed but they can be updated using the update/replace assets utility.

This is still an issue with build 96720. Just FYI.

Edit below:

As a work around to this, create a temporary session layer. Then pick tracks, then pick the question mark (?) and click on the track that cannot be deleted. Change the layer to your temporary layer and then delete that layer and the spliney parts will be deleted. Heck of a work around, but at least it gets rid of them until it gets fixed.

Last edited:
A some what similar problem, which I have reported and they say will be fixed in next build. Lay down any object that has track attached, such as Coal Mine. Delete it. The track is left behind and not removable. Do this on a blank baseboard, you don't want to mess up your build. (Reported for build 96720.)

FIxed in our internal build (which will hopefully be released to you guys soon).

Meanwhile, the workaround is to use copy/paste and paste a blank set of "objects" over the affected asset.

Back