Add trains in TRS2019 driver

CBorg

Hi
How do you add trains in TRS2019 in Driver?
I used to do it in Trainz New Era by clicking on a tab "Trains" but there no such a thing in TRS2019 driver:eek:

Click on the screwdriver & spanner icon on the top of the screen.
this brings up a sub-menu:-
"pause
Find object
Edit train"

select "edit train" and the wheel symbol appears in the old position....

Easy - when you know how!

Colin

Chris,

The operation is the same but the location of the tool is different.

Up along the upper left edge on the top of the driver screen are some extra tools. One looks like a wrench, and another a square. Click on the wrench and screwdriver, and choose Edit Trains...

This will open up the trains and consist panel as we use it in the session editor and how it looks in T:ANE.

Click on the screwdriver & spanner icon on the top of the screen.
this brings up a sub-menu:-
"pause
Find object
Edit train"

select "edit train" and the wheel symbol appears in the old position....

Easy - when you know how!

Colin

Thanks for the help
It is always better one that knows than ten who are searching and not finding:p

Thanks for the help
It is always better one that knows than ten who are searching and not finding:p

Well I got it but I have modified a built in layout (Kicksyarter county) and it tells me "Sorry, this session does not permit editing train placement" :'(

Selecting a train

I am new to Trainz. Have no PDF manual for TRS19. Anyway, I go to Tools menu, select Edit Trains, Windows pops up on the right side. What are the steps to select a engine and too select the a consist(s). I do ok in the tutorials. But if I go to Kickstarter County 2 or ECML or any other scenery, the trains do not show up. I had a i7-3770 with 16 GB. RAM. and GTX 970 with 2 GB. When I would select the second tutorial "Junctions" the CPU would range between 45%-53% and the GPU 84%-100%. Since I also use X-Plane 11. Since I had already purchased 32 GB of RAM, I decided to upgrade to a motherboard that would use this RAM. Order a used i7-4790K CPU and a new GTX 1070 8 GB. video RAM on sale. The CPU is a little lower and the GPU stays under 60%. This is on high and ultra settings.

I'm not having an issue, but is there a way to enlarge the window in which you select your engine and consists? The icons are very small, and it's hard to see what your selecting. Am I just missing something?

Hi,
I have a problem again with "Sorry, this session does not permit editing train placement"
This did happen when I have modified a session and since I don't want to back to an earlier session, how can I get a Train placement in driver again?

"Sorry, this session does not permit editing train placement"
This is determined in the Session rules.
Edit the session and click on the Edit Session Rules.
Select "Quickdrive Rule"
Untick the box that says "Enable gameplay session mode"
Save the session>
Enjoy train placement in the session :)

You can also load and unload freight cars. Video here (full screen / 1080p):

Phil

Well, Phil that's great: I did not know about it...

And coming back to my problem: I do not want to loose all the new stuff I have put in the layout , so how can I edit trains in driver and not having "Sorry, this session does not permit editing train placement anymore?
Do I have to change or add something in "Surveyor"?

I’m new to this platform... also have Trainz sim 2 - iPad.... anyway. Skimmed through a lot of the previously mentioned material in this thread.... though nothing seems to help in addressing or fix why I cannot edit / change trains or consists from driver, on any installed sessions... despite already having the “quick drive rule” loaded.... nor can I run an existing session with a new consist set when placed in surveyor. is there a patch or other rule dependencies I have to be concerned with.... the preloaded routes and sessions are all great and stuff. But there are no “quick drive” sessions specific to tryout different consist setups.
what if I want to just change an engine out in an existing session?
how can this be done?
thanks.
running TRS19 platinum Ed.
build# 110491

I’m new to this platform... also have Trainz sim 2 - iPad.... anyway. Skimmed through a lot of the previously mentioned material in this thread.... though nothing seems to help in addressing or fix why I cannot edit / change trains or consists from driver, on any installed sessions... despite already having the “quick drive rule” loaded.... nor can I run an existing session with a new consist set when placed in surveyor. is there a patch or other rule dependencies I have to be concerned with.... the preloaded routes and sessions are all great and stuff. But there are no “quick drive” sessions specific to tryout different consist setups.
what if I want to just change an engine out in an existing session?
how can this be done?
thanks.
running TRS19 platinum Ed.
build# 110491

The old Consist helped is no longer needed and the Quick Drive, as we knew it, is obsolete as well. The alternative with Platinum is to switch to Surveyor while in Driver, place your consists, and then return to driving where you can setup your new driver who is automatically added if this consists has a locomotive attached.

The switch between Driver and Surveyor is done by clicking on the tools menu - has a wrench icon. In both cases, the environment is paused and you need to unpause when you return to Driver. The purpose of pausing things is important because if you have entered Surveyor to repair something on the fly, or untangle drivers, you don't want the other drivers ganging up on you and getting in your way. With things paused, you can do what you have to do, return to Driver, and go on with your business.

So just to make things clear, "edit trains" is no longer a tab in the tools menu in TRS2019 Platinum. Is this correct? If this is true all routes and sessions would prevent one from making quick manual loading or unloading of cargo as in philskene routes, am I correct? If so, having to enter surveyor mode each time during a session is as I see it, a pile of horse pucks. If this is progress I hate to see what regression looks like.

In answer to your question, sort of.

Quickdrive > Edit Trains used to load the Trains Tool Tab only. Now switching to Surveyor loads the Trains tab and the other Surveyor tabs.

To clarify, previously when switching modes the route would be unloaded from Driver and loaded into the Editor (and vice versa). Now there is no real differentiation other than the presence of the tool tabs or the Driver UI.

Once you realise that it is only the UI changing, it makes a lot more sense (I hope).

Back