Scoring, or the Lack Of

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
So, I'm creating new sessions for a route I've created, and for other pre-existing routes created by others. Yet despite completing several sessions and getting 1 - 5 stars, my personal score (stars) never increases. So I'm wondering, does your score only count if you play a session that's paid for, and if so, why???

I don't think scoring has ever worked properly in Trainz. Not that it should really matter. So, personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

Indeed they are ranked sessions, and in the link you've provided (I have the main wiki bookmarked), under star rating it says TBD. Yep, I reckon...

If it works similar to achievements in TS12, it won't work until you have uploaded and re-downloaded the session.
But before doing that, make 100% sure you have all settings correct, to avoid uploading something that won't work. Also don't bother uploading if the session has 3rd party content as it will likely end up on the CRG list.

So, I'm creating new sessions for a route I've created, and for other pre-existing routes created by others. Yet despite completing several sessions and getting 1 - 5 stars, my personal score (stars) never increases. So I'm wondering, does your score only count if you play a session that's paid for, and if so, why???
STILL NOT WORKING TO THIS DAY!!

I've created beaucoup sessions with scoring, uploaded them then downloaded them, and as OP says you get the final score but it isn't included in your stats. I think they wrote it that way. I'd love to be proved wrong, but...

:B~)

Guys, it is a matter of priorities. What in Trainz involving gameplay has improved since TS12? The nav system was introduced in TS12. The scoring system may be older than that. The achievement system was introduced because Steam required it when they started selling on Steam. The session editor dates back to TRS2006. For the last 10 years the major focus has been on using the game engine to make Trainz "purty" for the "Trainz needs more realism" crowd. So TRS22 is beautiful and in my opinion they turned it into a loco driving sim with zero gameplay. A bit like the train sim that must not be named. I miss the Razorback Railway and it's wonderful sessions and scenarios. Maybe they can hire Larry to implement his system.

Back