Odd Firewall Exception

boc61

I was looking through the Windows 10 Firewall settings and saw this as one of the apps allowed through:{78E1CD88-49E3-476E-B926-580E596AD309}.
Anybody know what it is? Every other exception is named. I can uncheck it but not remove it. A Google search wasn't very productive.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-desktop/8e2c70e5-3753-4048-82c1-fdc98866b054

The exception is part of the remote desktop service, which is built into windows. With Remote Desktop enabled, and you have to specifically enable it and you have Windows 10 Professional, you can connect to your desktop machine from another Windows 7 or Windows 10 machine and access the desktop.

If you are using Windows 10 Home, you can only access other computers, but cannot act as a host.

The connection is set there in the firewall, but shouldn't be a concern if you are set behind a router that is NAT'd, such as one provided by Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, etc.

Thank you John. I saw that, but it seemed a bit nebulous as to what it actually was.

Last edited:
You're welcome. I had to go look it up and it is a bit over the top in the explanation, but that's expected from geeks. lol

Back