So I ordered a new computer...

Shadow-D

So, as the title says, I ordered a new "Gaming Computer" primarily to play TaNE. With any luck, this thing should last a few years... ( I can't believe I ordered a $2k computer just to play 1 game / sim :eek: )

Specs are as follows...

Gaming Chassis: CyberpowerPC X-MIRAGE Black Mid Tower ATX Gaming Case w/ Full Size Tempered Glass side Window (Black Color)

Extra Case Fans: 3x RAIDMAX NV-R120 120mm RGB Hydraulic bearing Fans

Noise Reduction Technology: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels, and more(1)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz [3.7GHz Turbo] Eight-Core 16MB L3 Cache 65W Processor

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)

CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Intel) (Dual RED (Push-Pull) Tt Riing 12 Series Case/Radiator Fans)

Motherboard: GIGABYTE AX470 AORUS Gaming 5 (WIFI) ATX w/802.11ac, RGB, USB 3.1, Intel LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe

RAM / System Memory: 16GB (8GBx2) RGB Lightning DDR4/2400MHz Memory Module (GSKILL Trident Z RGB)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce® GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 Edition 8GB GDDR5 (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)

Freebie of Video Card: FREE GIGABYTE Aorus RGB SLI HB Bridge with GeForce® GTX 1070 and Above

Power Supply: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

Primary Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Secondary Hard Drive: 1TB WD Blue Series SATA-III 6 GB/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 545/525 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/80k (Single Drive)

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Cables: 15FT HDMI to HDMI Male Gold Plated Black Cable (1 piece)

Internal Network Card: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

Mouse: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse

USB Hub & Port: Internal USB 3.0 4-Port Hub

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition)

I can't believe I ordered a $2k computer just to play 1 game / sim
Heh. Sounds very credible to me!
All my recent upgrades had either T:ANE or TRS2019 in mind...

Looks like a fairly potent machine you've got there - You'll likely enjoy your experience.
Suggest run your Trainz builds on the SSD for more responsive database rebuilds and snappy in-game asset loading.

Heh. Sounds very credible to me!
All my recent upgrades had either T:ANE or TRS2019 in mind...

Looks like a fairly potent machine you've got there - You'll likely enjoy your experience.
Suggest run your Trainz builds on the SSD for more responsive database rebuilds and snappy in-game asset loading.
I already planned on using the SSD for the game :cool:

Did I forget to mention... The reason for no monitor is because I'm pumping this to my 60" LED TV...

Do to cost constraints I left room to upgrade later. Future upgrades will be to the RAM and a second video card.

..... Future upgrades will be to the RAM and a second video card.

My understanding is that TANE does not take advantage of a 2nd video card. Don't know about TRS2019, but would assume that is still the case.

Phil

EDIT: Ignore this post... seems my understanding is behind the times !

Last edited:
Yes - As I understand from some previous posts here, SLI does work quite well with T:ANE and TS2012; though as always, there's not a 100% utilisation of both cards due to SLI overhead.
Make the most of your GTX-1070 Shadow-D, and get another card soon before they are cleared out - looks like the RTX-2070 does not support multi-GPU operations, with that novel NVLink functionality reserved for the RTX-2080 and above.

Last edited:
So, as the title says, I ordered a new "Gaming Computer" primarily to play TaNE. With any luck, this thing should last a few years....

Hi,

A dear from the trainz world got me this pc just before TANE was release -- I've figured whenever I get TR2019 it should run fine here as well as TANE! Wit that said, your new-baby should last forever, sir!
Congratulations on your new purchase!!! :wave:
Kind regards
Ish

I can't believe I ordered a $2k computer just to play 1 game / sim :eek:

Amen to that. My computer is almost 7 years old, still working fine but I was going to have a new one built early next year. Having shelved Trainz for awhile, seeing 2019's release rekindled my interest and I decided to pull the trigger a bit early. I should have my new machine in a day or two and I'm really looking forward to it.

Back