52ft Bulkhead flat car issue in TANE

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
I really like the 52ft bulk head flat cars because they have so many products you can load them up with which is pretty amazing. The only issue is, they worked just fine in TS12, but I get a script error when I try and use them in TANE. They are not faulty and throw up no errors in CM for TANE which I really don't understand. Is TANE just unable to handle the fact that these cars come with so many loads? I ended up deleting these cars from TANE and re-downloaded them and they seemed to work ok, but instead of having a ton of different products you could load on them in TS 12 (Had to have been around 50 different loads) in TANE they only come with 5 smaller loads. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who's come across this and hopefully there is a fix for this? I've included a screen grab of the error in TANE before deleting and re downloading the cars. Any ideas?

First image is of the script error in TANE when I tried to move the car's over from 12 into TANE (It's worked with everything but these cars.)
2nd image is of "Most" of the loadable products in 12.
3rd pic is what I get when I do a fresh install of the cars in TANE.

I haven't tried just deleting products to see if less loads will work on these cars in TANE, but I wont do that unless that's what will fix this (Weird) issue.

-Cheers.

IcO3ah7.jpg
[/IMG]

Vj7UqQu.jpg
[/IMG]

YbOUGFw.jpg
[/IMG]

Hello, Joshmeister.

I am not finding any matching vehicle on the DLS for 2009, 2010, 12 or T:ANE. From the kuid shown in your pix, the author is socalwb909 who has his own website, https://socaltrains.weebly.com . This vehicle does not appear to be on it, but you might communicate with the author about your issue.

In fact, there is no listing on the DLS for any "52ft Bulkhead" vehicle nor for any BCIT bulkhead flats. Too bad, because it does look quite nice.

:B~)

These are the Jointed Rail 52 foot Bulkhead flat cars found on Jointed Rails website... I'll PM socalwb909 though and ask him about this issue though.

The queue needs to be edited down to something more reasonable. The issue is TS12 would allow very large arrays of data in string-tables, but reading and referencing these large arrays takes a lot of time, causing major performance problems such as outright stalls and big stutters. The reasonable solution for the problem is to reduce the amount of time allowed to read in the data, otherwise the performance will halt, and to reduce the size of the arrays in the assets. It's not just product queues that are affected with many other array-driven assets out there such as signal-controllers, industry-controllers, ARN numbering ranges, etc.

What needs to be done is the number of products listed in the products queue needs to be reduced. Finding that sweet spot, however, is a matter of trial and error. This is the same solution with ARN numbering ranges. We don't need 100,000 boxcars and reducing the number to 30 or 50 seems to be the sweet spot that I've found, but I'm sure it could be a bit higher.

When editing the product-queue, remember to also remove the product kuid from the kuid-table to ensure that the config.txt file is clean. I recommend copying the list to a separate text file before editing in case you want to put back some of the removed products, and again remember to add that product back to the kuid-table as well.

:wave: Morning John,

:cool: Thanks for good info on Product, Arrays etc,

I know T:ANE has constricted what used to work in TS-12 in the name of performance gains. Had noticed too, that in newer Flats and other types of Cars, the range of pre set products never went much over 15 items, and several cars they would only have 5 products listed.

I think 5 is pretty small :( for variety and/or restricts one to certain Industries where that product is consumed or produced depending. So my plans are later when I get a chance is take the ones with 15 commodities and toy around too see how much more they will hold......

@ JCitron I'm using this as an example to make sure I'm hearing this right. This is in the config file for the bulkheads with this issue.

queues
{
load01
{
size 7
initial-count 0

attachment-points
{
0 "a.72x96pipe01"
1 "a.72x96pipe02"
2 "a.72x96pipe03"
3 "a.72x96pipe04"
4 "a.72x96pipe05"
5 "a.72x96pipe06"
6 "a.72x96pipe07"
}

allowed-products
{
0 <kuid2:206307:100091:1>
1 <kuid2:72730:61029:2>
2 <kuid2:44988:80090:3>
}

conflicts-with-queues
{
0 "load02"
1 "load03"
2 "load04"
3 "load05"
4 "load06"
5 "load07"
6 "load08"
7 "load09"
8 "load10"
9 "load11"
10 "load12"
11 "load13"
12 "load14"
13 "load15"
14 "load16"
15 "load17"
16 "load18"
17 "load19"
18 "load20"
19 "load21"
20 "load22"
21 "load23"
22 "load24"
23 "load25"
24 "load26"
25 "load27"
26 "load28"
27 "load29"
28 "logs_x1"
29 "logs_x3"
30 "lumber8ft"
31 "lumber10ft"
32 "lumber12ft"
33 "lumber16ft"
34 "yzbricks"
35 "yzgeneralgoods"
}
}

Would I need to just delete all of that and then go down to the kuid-table and delete the corresponding kuid's? I'm really not sure I'm fallowing you all the way here.

Yes remove the stuff from the kuid-table as well.

I recommend following the config.txt of a similar working asset and use a clone to test the process.

What do all the loadx refer to? (X=some number)? That appears to be a huge number of exceptions for the queues.

I would check myself, but my Trainzing computer is down with technical difficulties at the moment and in operable until I replace a hard disk.

Yes remove the stuff from the kuid-table as well.

I recommend following the config.txt of a similar working asset and use a clone to test the process.

What do all the loadx refer to? (X=some number)? That appears to be a huge number of exceptions for the queues.

I would check myself, but my Trainzing computer is down with technical difficulties at the moment and in operable until I replace a hard disk.

I have really no idea what the (Loadx) stuff means, I'm still learning about editing this stuff but I'll start deleting loads and see what happens. I also emailed socalwb909 seeing as how these are his cars, but I never heard back from him.

As John noted, there are way too many loads. What I did with some of the cars was to eliminate all but a few select lumber loads and "yes" you do have to remove all references to the kuids you delete in the config file. I think I ended up with about six loads per car.

Regards,

Edit:. Be sure to use a cloned car.

As John noted, there are way too many loads. What I did with some of the cars was to eliminate all but a few select lumber loads and "yes" you do have to remove all references to the kuids you delete in the config file. I think I ended up with about six loads per car.

Regards,

Edit:. Be sure to use a cloned car.

I think 64 might be the limit for TANE, I have the JR 52ft gondola's and they work just fine with 62 different products, so I might trim it to 60 before seeing it that will work.

Back