Adding additional baseboards

SailorDan

How do I add a new baseboard when there isn't an 'edge' to click on?

y4my9lJf3jhUhzyWAiK3ntHS0z4CdqDaGqNXTugKCijZ4UtoO1Lpj6oyxOSHKS7XsRDPfAXbn75kXZqVYRqKLLfQM5OS7PbPngtWI02ocSUoBxRYy0eTzyxqa85dmL0D1NrX6zM_eDLYzs4abYSwAxRX2mn0QtCb23V7tJUoKb_mnGxuDN8BAVdGrSkeUzDHeNGFbbatEAzZSO98Gnaat3aog

Check that you have 'grid(PBR)' ground texture that is used on the sides. That could be your answer.

Peter

There is no problem adding baseboards where the 'edges' are displayed (like he did for the two blank ones in the image). It's only where they aren't displayed that he can't add. Clicking in the region where the edge should be does nothing.

The question is how do you get into this position in the first place?
Also, what happens if you turn the camera around 180 degrees and click beyond the edge of the baseboard?

The question is how do you get into this position in the first place?
I'll try to find out, but it might not be possible. The only comment so far is that the built-in route was cloned, and this happened.

Also, what happens if you turn the camera around 180 degrees and click beyond the edge of the baseboard?
Nothing.

Further investigation reveals that the white region does not mark the boundary of the baseboards at all. In map view they are white baseboards. They can be deleted, and the edges of the remaining baseboards re-appear. So the reason that baseboards can't be added is that they are already there. It is actually possible to move the viewpoint down to the plane of the surface and view the objects that protrude below the surface (the bridge piers) which is why the first impression is that the baseboards don't exist at all.

y4meFsZJFN_9CeYwmsoRFI94BpgaRlR4Tncb1kuT_ZLWwEDytPwXiTrP1_ajKFeIzYZ2FLwCxT2l4WHl5UGKbKR15yKQMyxPRbF9Z-zP8bK_wxImZhFiMy0Q414ZIvgQA6RIWv0PvWbqzXOAIn5mcCIdSET2utu_24fBq6AaXdUxLSrEpx4Yf7y73UPsx7oYNAJ

So the correct description is that new baseboards sometimes appear with a grid pattern and sometimes appear white/invisible. If this isn't how it's supposed to work I can just delete the route and see if it occurs again.

Back